[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, so I just started college a month ago. I moved in with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: squidward-tentacles.jpg (252 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
squidward-tentacles.jpg
252 KB, 600x400
Hey, so I just started college a month ago.

I moved in with my girlfriend
I enjoy late nights, going to play d&d all night or 20+ hour gaming sessions every now and then.

I don't want to have the responsibility of having to cook her dinner every x,y,z night or have to eat with her every night.

I want my free space and to be able to have freedom before I have to join the workforce.

She hates this and thinks we might break up because of it.

I had a bad childhood and I just don't feel happy being under pressure like that.

advice?
>>
>>16918834
You're going to have to learn how to take care of yourself with or without your girlfriend.
If she breaks up with you, you'll probably be cooking meals alone and wishing you had just bucked up sooner. It's only an hour out of your day, or less if you make something like stir fry.
If you get good at cooking she will probably get jealous and pick up the slack, most women would prefer to be the best cook in the house.
>>
>>16918857
Yeah, it's not I rely on her. I make 'dinner' at like 4:30 pm for myself. But she won't eat it when she gets home because I put tomatoes in it or it has gluten (She allergic)

She won't eat mushrooms onion ect.

Made me go across the street to get her macdonalds but I talked her into coming.

She wants me to sleep with her every night. We had to talk about a bed time for me, I have to be asleep by 1 am or she gets pissed. Because I have more 'energy'.

It's just really taxing.
>>
>>16918870
I understand :/ relationships can be vexing, but if she's worth it then the effort is well invested.
Doesn't really seem like you'd do everything and anything for her, which isn't an end all for all relationships but is impacting yours.
When I met my boyfriend he was 19, I went through so many WOW and Diablo expansions that it was hell trying to get his attention. For years I put up with the constant gaming until we found a system that works.
He can play late but has to play quietly, no bursting out laughing at 1am with friends on Vent. He plays for 4-5hrs on the weekend but the rest of the time is hanging out or cooking together, more time is spent online as soon as I go to bed on the weekend or weekdays. I take melatonin so he doesn't wake me up when he crawls in. Discuss gaming schedules with her for while she's home, you're not the only one who should have to compromise, but listen to her and act within reason. If you get too uppity she'll feel like you care more about the games than her.
My mum is gluten free and its annoying to cook for her because she's picky on top of it, but I use rice flour, gluten free bisquick, gluten free rice packets and gluten free pasta and make everything from scratch when she's eating with us. You get used to it after a while, it's just a matter of figuring out what she likes.
Cater to her gluten intolerance but any other pickiness and she can have Mcshittys or go without. No need for you to stress yourself out any further than catering to an allergy.
>>
>>16918870
Dude, and you want to be with her? I hate people like your girlfriend. You see I worked very hard to move out so that my mom wouldn't nag at me; I'd hate the idea if having my girlfriend nagging at me instead.
>>
>>16918914
Fucking LOL
Good luck in the future mate, I have yet to meet a girl that doesn't nag even slightly. There's genuine problems that need to be discussed and worked through in a serious relationship, which I'm guessing you have never had long term.
Girls are always told they nag but men apparently just have conversations?
>>
>>16918921
So hating nagging means that I haven't had serious relationships. Okay. Any other assumptions you want to make?
>>
>>16918834
Relationships are about give and take, and it sounds like this is something you both need to work on.

>>16918870
>I make 'dinner' at like 4:30 pm for myself. But she won't eat it when she gets home because I put tomatoes in it or it has gluten (She allergic)
Set a little aside without tomatoes, or have her pick out a selection of basic gluten-free recipes. My husband has Celiacs (not one of those trendy assholes) and I had to do quite a bit of research on different recipes. But once I cooked GF, and found reasonable substitutes, it was perfectly manageable. However, if you're both busy and she expects you to cook, SHE has to get the information and recipes for you. It's only fair.

>She won't eat mushrooms onion ect.
She's worse than Hitler.

Just kidding, but really, if she's that picky, then she has no room to complain when you cook. She can put her big girl panties on and either make what you eat or cook for herself.

We both work, and so we take turns cooking for each other. There are certain things that I don't like, but if he's cooking, I'll eat it anyway because I appreciate the effort. If I can't stomach it, I'll eat leftovers or have a bowl of oatmeal. It doesn't sound like she appreciates what you do for her.

>Made me go across the street to get her macdonalds but I talked her into coming.
What the fuck? Why? If she doesn't want to eat what you make, then she needs to get her own food. You're not her goddamn mother. Why are you letting her run you around like this?

>She wants me to sleep with her every night.
Yeah... That's nice, if you have the time and the same sleep schedule, but to expect it every night? That's asking way too much.

Stop letting her walk all over you, or you're not going to be together for much longer. Not because she'll leave (it's shitty for her to threaten you with this), but because you'll eventually get sick of putting up with her shit and reach a breaking point. You're almost there, from the sound of it.
>>
>>16918921
Also, fuck off with your gender wars. I'm sick and tired of that crap
>>
>>16918923
Just basing it off of your lack of understanding the situation OP created the thread to get advice for.
It's pretty common to have disagreements and come to a compromise in a relationship, but you insist his girl is just nagging him rather than assuming OP could be in the wrong as well.
Just leads me to believe you've never lived with a serious girlfriend considering you compared his situation to your mother which isn't even close to the same.
>>
>>16918928

Ok tell me the difference in gf nagging him and his mom nagging him.

It sounds like the same shit.

Op is dumb though cause know instead of telling telling this to his gf and working it out on even terms he can't cause he lives with her and it's her place not his.

Op your mistake was choosing to live w/ your gf on her terms not yours.

If you lived in your place you wouldn't
> have to cook for her
> deal with her schedule
> deal with her nagging as much.
> eat with her every night.

Your young dump the bitch find your own pad and smash puss.
>>
>>16918928

>>16918926 here.

>you insist his girl is just nagging him rather than assuming OP could be in the wrong as well.
If she's the type to threaten OP with the relationship, get angry because he's not conforming to her sleep schedule, and then demand that he cater to her needs (running to McDonalds for her because she won't eat what he made), then it's a completely reasonable assumption. These are not things that rational people fight about.
>>
>>16918928
And now who is the one who did not understand? Nagging is nagging, and like you said, I have yet to meet a girl who doesn't nag. I simply told him that I left home so that I wouldn't hear the same crap again and thus would hate someone else nagging at me.

And second of all, did you read the part where his gf is a picky eater and made him get her McDonalds? Are we even in the same thread?
>>
>>16918870

Dude this is really telling. It's not about making dinner for yourself - you should be aiming to make dinner for the both of you. If you want to put tomato/gluten/other shit she doesn't eat in, then do it separately if possible, or pick dishes she can eat too. Sometimes you can eat separately if you really want to eat something - that's fine. But aiming to spend time together and doing things together is what you should want to do if you're really into her.

Think of it this way: if you lived separately, you would have to arrange times to hang out with her. These times wouldn't include D&D or whatever else activity times. Normally this would be fine for you, but now that your'e in the same place, you can't hide. Arrange your time better and spend the remaining time with your GF.
>>
>>16918834
And exactly what does SHE get out of the relationship?

Whether you're married, lovers or just roommates, living with someone else REQUIRES some sacrifice of your total freedom to do what you want when you want.

You sound like an excellent candidate for a single room.
>>
>>16918834
Having read the rest of the thread, you're both kind of shit mongers.

Living with someone means you need to meet in the middle. It's understandable if she wants to eat with you, have you pull your own weight, and not keep her up all night; on the same note, if she's a picky eater with food allergies she shouldn't expect you to cook for you, she should get her own food if she doesn't like what you made, and she shouldn't give you a strict bed time either.

My girlfriend is also a picky eater, and I also cook for her (I work for myself, she doesn't, it makes sense) but she'll at least eat what I make or make herself food if she really objects. She also goes to bed earlier during the week, but doesn't expect me to go to bed then either; she just expects me to wake her up to say good night when I get in bed, and to keep music/light down if I'm in the same room so she can sleep.

You both need to learn to meet in the middle. If you can't, it won't work out and probably wasn't meant to.
>>
>>16918834
>my girlfriend wants me to be an effective member of society and I don't want to
>she wants to break up over this

Lol
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.