[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do girls only change when you leave? I was dating this girl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 200_s.gif (32 KB, 287x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
32 KB, 287x200
Why do girls only change when you leave?

I was dating this girl for 3 years, I loved her she was just too unmotivated, we'd only ever watch movies and play games towards the end of the relationship, I asked her to change her ways so many times but she didn't and I left.

I seen photos of her recently and she looks really good, like he's been living at the gym or something, she's actually playing at concert halls (he only ever used to play music in his room when no one was home) and apparently she's been doing yoga and shes extremely sexy and curvy now, why couldn't she do all this for me when I was with her?

I thought she was doing it to get me back so I messaged her and essentially she just told me to go fuck myself and called me a shallow pig for messaging him "now that she looks better"
>>
File: you tried.jpg (135 KB, 500x476) Image search: [Google]
you tried.jpg
135 KB, 500x476
>>
File: pl00029.jpg (441 KB, 1067x1600) Image search: [Google]
pl00029.jpg
441 KB, 1067x1600
>>16918477
>like he's been living at the gym
>>
> he only ever used to play music in his room when no one was home)
> called me a shallow pig for messaging him "now that she looks better"

I feel like this was adapted from a male copypasta and OP didn't change all the pronouns
>>
>>16918514
That's because it was. I don't know what OP hoped to accomplish in doing so
>>
>>16918517
I didn't change it on purpose, and also put a static "gif" to emphasize on just how half-assed and retarded the original post is.
>>
>>16918502
Not OP but.

Messing up he or she is Common mistake among people whose native language only has gender neutral third-person personal pronouns. Much less annoying mistake than messing up their and they're.
>>
>>16918564
It's also common among people with certain forms of traumatic brain injury. Sometimes even when their cognitive abilities are otherwise unimpaired.
>>
Well, as long as we're doing this cross-posting idiocy...

>Why do girls only change when you leave?
Because significant personal change generally requires some kind of trauma. When nothing can ever again be as it was, and your only choices are to adapt or die, it's not as hard to sneak a few additional changes in. But when you don't HAVE to change, it's almost impossible.

This is why it's not a good idea to set out to "fix" a prospective girlfriend. You really only have one shot at doing so, and in order to take that shot, you have to leave. And you can't go back, because you'd bring back the bad old patterns too, and thus risk undoing the changes you'd sought in the first place. So what's the point?
>>
I did this too broke up with gf. Start swimming again lost 30 LB. Changed my job. Now I'm working to make my dream to become reality.
I think changing after a break up is necessary because if you are single it's easier to become the person you want to be.
>>
i think that womens are not made for monogamy
>>
>>16918514

Yeah this was my post from earlier on, I think OP thought I was being a feminist warrior or something.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.