[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've fucked up really bad. I go to University, and I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: saad maan.jpg (27 KB, 599x400) Image search: [Google]
saad maan.jpg
27 KB, 599x400
I've fucked up really bad.

I go to University, and I've been diagnosed with Schizoaffective disorder, and I have panic attacks and general anxiety, so basically I've missed a third of my classes because I've been too mentally ill for even the campus mental health center to properly treat me. I dropped one class, got a D in the second, and I'm anxiously awaiting failing my last final.

Is there anything I can do to retake these classes without fucking up my transcript on the grounds of me having severe psychological disorders? Like an appeal process or something? I hope this is covered by the American Disabilities Act or some shit.
>>
>>16918114
funfact: future employers wont even care what your undergrad degree even is, much less that you had to retake some classes
>>
>>16918123
Is this true if I'm a Psychology major?

>oh the irony
>>
Also, my psychiatrist recommended temporary hospitalization if that's relevant
>>
Too mentally ill!? Oh please just get over yourself.
You're just putting excuses in front of you.. If you really want something, you'd fucking go for it.
I have skitzo affective disorder myself. Yeah i have my days but you know what!? I fucking get over myself and fucking do shit with my
life.. "Mental or not"
Goodness! Its not even that bad.
You stupid sensitive white scum
>>
>>16918154
>Mental illness effects everyone the same way!
>Just remember it's all in your head and bee urself.
>>
>>16918154
First and foremost, I'm mixed race, asshole

Second of all, fuck you. You try and function when it takes you forever to get out of bed, having a 50/50 chance of having a panic attack merely from going outside to walk to class, being suicidal, and on top of all that, constantly worrying that the police are spying on you. You fake-ass fuck
>>
>>16918129
Thats absolutely not fucking true, people with the that mentality are not going to be successful; and they'll blame it on bad luck or the system.
About the only this more important than your school is your gpa
If you didn't go to an Ivy League you'd better have at least a masters, and in your cause at least a psyd. That is if you you want to make money at a practice and not just schedule appointments, and good luck getting into grad school without grades, a 3.5 is not enough now adays
>>
>>16918114
You have been diagnosed so I assume you have or are seeking medical advice?
If so, I would speak to them regarding your situation with uni and have them write a letter explaining the issue and go from there.
I'm sure you're not the first person to have a health issue arise during study and definitely won't be the last.
>>
I have a feeling it depends on the school, but my university (in Canada) has a system where you can apply to defer assignments/exams to a later date if there's a legitimate reason like a medical condition or death in the family. The catch is that you usually have to apply before the end of semester, so I don't know if it would help in your case.

I definitely recommend looking into what the options are at your school, especially if you're worried that it might come up again. Try asking asking about it at the campus health center, or somewhere on campus that offers academic advising for students since they might have more information.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.