[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I talk to myself. An unhealthy amount. I try to keep it to times
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: nyb8znaXvB1qa4gsro1_1280.jpg (596 KB, 1280x838) Image search: [Google]
nyb8znaXvB1qa4gsro1_1280.jpg
596 KB, 1280x838
I talk to myself. An unhealthy amount. I try to keep it to times when I'm 100% sure I'm alone, but there have been a few instances where I've slipped up and unintentionally spoken to myself around other people.

I'd like to stop because I know it's seen as a sign of insanity. I don't think I'm insane, although I might be who knows. Either way I'd like to stop.

advice?
>>
Just take note of it when you do. Keep noticing it. You'll stop.
>>
Meditation
>>
My brother (used to) do that even when not alone.
I do that too but not yet when I'm not alone.
I know that the reason behind these actions is that we ask ourselves too many questions, like whether this was a good or not decision.
I'd advice to not turn to the past or future but rather the present. And if you can, shut your brain or let it do the reasoning without words.
>>
Everybody talks to themselves just keep it in your head if your concerned
>>
Meditation clears the mind.
>>
>>16917987
Stick an earbud in your ear and run the wire down to your shirt pocket. Then everyone will assume you're on the phone.
>>
>>16917987
I started muttering "kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself" "you're worthless" or "you fucking suck" etc when I was 100% sure I was alone and eventually it accidentally came out in public and I couldnt control it

no idea how to stop it I still do it
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.