[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Receding hairline vs Mature hairline
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 2016-03-15 00.04.53.jpg (293 KB, 1636x1107) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-15 00.04.53.jpg
293 KB, 1636x1107
So up until recently I thought I had a mature hairline, but after further prospecting I've noticed "baby hairs" near the edges of my hairline which is a major symptom of balding. Now I'm in full disarray and panic mode.... I have a legit fear of hair loss and I don't have thousands for replacement surgery.

Can anyone who's experienced with this sort of thing identify which one it is? I'm only 21 and not very wealthy, so if it is the worse of the two what are my options? Is there any cheap means of controlling future hair loss if it is balding? Send help
>>
More info:

I use axe putty styler and fructis shampoo used to "strengthen" hair... not sure how those affect anything.
>>
Just shave it all off, nobody gives a shit.

I'm sad that I'm balding not because I care what others think, but because I like my hair.
>>
>>16917836
I literally don't give a shit what others think... I just really enjoy my hair, same as you. I'll do what I can to keep it as long as I can.

Second, I have no idea if it's actual balding.
>>
>>16917804
You aren't balding. That's totally normal.

If you're worried about it, start taking biotin and using mane & tail shampoo. That shit will keep all your hairs in. If you're SERIOUSLY worried about it, start massaging your head more. Get the blood flowing to the follicles while they're young.
>>
>>16917842

You probably won't start balding till your late 20s.

My dad put the idea in my head when I was 20 that he started balding right after college or whatever, but I'm almost done with graduate school now and I only just started to barely bald.
>>
33 and was/am going slowly bald -- a slow to moderate hairline creep affects all the guys in my dad's side of the family. At around 60 they've got the Sanders look, with the exception of a couple uncles.

My hairline is in a lot better shape than anyone in my family from 28+. If you are going to start Rogaine, don't stop, and use it exactly twice a day for the results. Foam for ease, drops for better effectiveness (imo), however more greasy. Don't be that guy who goes on it, notices his hairline is "okay" and stops, because you'll just lose what you held.

Nizoral shampoo, Argon Oil shampoo, Kiehl's thickening shampoo. Use one every other day, or even less than that. Nizoral is the only one I use often, and about once every few days. Other shampoos with fuck you up, and are mostly just degreasers.

If you want to go the DHT route, try dutasteride (Advodart). I used to try Propecia.

Although I've read about guys getting erectile disfunction and all sorts of problems from the blockers, I've never had a single problem.

Stay healthy, take your vitamins and biotin gummies. The fatter I get, the worse off my hair is, if I'm taking care of myself, the better it does (broscience).
>>
33 and was/am going slowly bald -- a slow to moderate hairline creep affects all the guys on my dad's side of the family. At around 60 they've got the Sanders look, with the exception of a couple uncles.

My hairline is in a lot better shape than my brothers, and anyone in my family from 28+. My aunts will sometimes ask why I'm not balding like their son's etc. ...I am, just slower because of better hairstyling and treatment.

If you are going to start Rogaine, don't stop, and use it exactly twice a day for the results. Foam for ease, drops for better effectiveness (imo), however more greasy. Don't be that guy who gets on it, notices his hairline is "okay" and stops, because you'll just lose what you held.

Nizoral shampoo, Argon Oil shampoo, Kiehl's thickening shampoo. Use one every other day, or even less than that. Nizoral is the only one I use often, and about once every few days. Other shampoos with fuck you up, and are mostly just degreasers.

If you want to go the DHT route, try dutasteride (Advodart). I used to try Propecia.

Although I've read about guys getting erectile disfunction and all sorts of problems from the blockers, I've never had a single problem.

Stay healthy, take your vitamins and biotin gummies. The fatter I get, the worse off my hair is, if I'm taking care of myself, the better it does (broscience).
>>
>>16917851
Thanks for the reassurance. I'm also willing to believe that it's simply a mature hairline, I'm just somewhat concerned of those visible thin strands you can see at the edges.
>>
>>16917883
Thanks for the information man! I'll have to look deeper into the items you listed, and I also heard you have to maintain use of anything indefinitely to notice results. I also do what I can to eat well and maintain good fitness.

I'm not gonna jump the gun until I get any confirmation if it's actual balding during my next checkup with my doctor, but I'll keep that shopping list handy in case.
>>
File: benis.jpg (22 KB, 452x383) Image search: [Google]
benis.jpg
22 KB, 452x383
Don't want the sanders look until AT LEAST 65. My grandfather is 79 and has a full set of hair, so that would be a fucking mega win if I get those genes.
>>
>>16917804
dammit, same here, just turned 22 yesterday and when I woke up I saw my pillow full of fucking hair, I still have a lot of volume but it's scary as fuck. HELP!
>>
>>16917899
My whole life I thought hair thinned equally everywhere if you bald, and used the fact I have a really thick set of hair as a false sense of security... then those edges started creeping back. SEND REINFORCEMENTS
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.