[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to get back into going to church
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
Like what i've said above, I'd like to start going back to church because I used to as a kid and for some reason stopped. I'm not a religous radical I really just like a nice place to go for a couple of minutes and enjoy the company of other nice people because I feel there's too few of them around these days.

So now my real asking starts here, which churches are safe to attend? I don't know anything about the different kind other than the differences between catholic and protestant (catholics are bad pls no catholic).

Any other church goers out there willing to help me out?
>>
>>16917768
I forgot to add

The church I went to as a kid was Moravian and then when we moved we attended a UCC.
>>
>>16917768
That depends. What do you like about church?

Do you like the ritual? The communal feeling? Singing? Private prayer?
>>
>>16917768

?which churches are safe to attend?

in what fucking sense?
>>
>>16917776

I like the communal feeling yes. Singing is fun because everyone is bad. And I enjoy private prayer.
>>
>>16917780

I really don't know that's why i'm here
>>
>>16917795

there are no unsafe churches. what they gonna do to you? its a church nigga. just go get some jesus.

literally google 'churches in XX' wherein XX refers to your general location, and go to a different once each sunday. when there ask about what 'activities' they may have during the week in case oyu wanna make some friends.
>>
>>16917803

I never thought of going to a different one each time

thanks!
>>
>>16917791
Try a Protestant church. If you're in a big town you may also have a non-denominational church that holds service.

It's too bad you don't like Catholic Mass because it can be truly incredible.
>>
>>16917810

lel yeah, its called 'church shopping'. its a real thing. you just go to a different one each week, then circle back to the ones you like. no need to commit to anyhting it is just church
>>
>>16917819

I actually don't know anything about the catholic mass

what is the activity?
>>
>>16917832

its just highly ritualised compared to other subsets of christianity.

if thats your thing, its an impressive function for a large mass to be led in a semi involved ordeal.

and which churches are safe? well, make sure if you're looking for a christian church, it makes the most sense for Christ to be at the center of what people talk about.

Churches where he is not....I would view skeptically. There are weird sects that put other religious figures on equal footing with Christ, some that do more political/community activism than studying his teachings... you get the idea.
>>
>>16917768
Unitarians don't believe in much, they just like the communion. Ditto Quakers. And the Church of England barely requires you to believe in God.

Choose the one you like the singing in.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.