[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Surgery and Weight loss.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1427548814397.gif (807 KB, 200x317) Image search: [Google]
1427548814397.gif
807 KB, 200x317
So, I'm, 20, 6'3 and 288 pounds, I've been exercising since last September but I recently had a conversation with my friend and he said I'll need surgery for my skin if I ever hit the weight goal I want (201)

It's pretty much killed my motivation for working out, it feels like I've ruined my body for the rest of my life and that even if I lose weight I won't have the body that I want.

I just feel like killing myself, and could use some advice.
>>
Lose the weight slow and steady. Work out. You're only 20 years old your skin can come back.
>>
>>16917625

If you have the money for surgery then just go on jenny craig for six to eight months.

If you follow the system you'll get to your goal and you won't have skin like a flying squirrel.
>>
I lost over 100 lbs in less than a year when I was 23. The skin-sagging was not that bad for me, but everyone is different.

What you ought to do, if it's possible, is go to your doctor and ask them about it.
>>
lose the weight slowly and LIFT weights to offset the fat mass with muscle mass. when i meant lose it slowly im talking 2lbs a week. you're big you'll lose a bunch of weight fast cause of your size, focus on a caloric cut so you're only losing 2lbs a week, if you lose it fast you'll get the flabby saggy skin. also you're young so you still have lots of elasticity in your skin so it wont be horrendous for you as opposed to if you were older. also apply some lotions/ oils like vitamin and it'll help reduce the stretch marks and such
>>
>>16917625
>having thoughts of suicide because your skin could possibly sag a bit when you've lost weight
don't worry about it, you'll never lose the weight anyway
>>
>>16917625
If you have a cool ass doctor and any kind of Medicaid insurance then when you hit your goal your surgery will be free. It will be a medical concern for causing you depression, also a health concern because it can moisture and lead to fungi and breakdowns. Just keep knocking on doors until somebody gives you the right answer
>>
>>16917625
Nigga I was 240 lbs 5'6, dropped down to 150 in a year and a half. Know how I did it? I ate taco bell once a day instead of 3 times.

Quit being a bitch, surgery is for fat old men and weak women. Surgery isn't going to help if you don't address your diet. I've seen relatives get a lap band and years later back where they were because they keep eating like shit.
>>
>>16918035
that's not what he was talking about

he meant cosmetic surgery to get rid of the excess skin
>>
that only applies if you're at an age where your skin can't come back. that much weight loss will make your skin look odd for a while but you're 20 - your skin still has elasticity. it'll come back from it. the most you'll probably have to deal with are stretch marks but you won't need surgery.
>>
>>16917625
you shouldn't need a surgery unless you lose the weight very fast and want to get rid of excess skin immediately.
>>
>>16918042
Oh well, I guess I was fortunate. I didn't need it, but my weight loss was steady, not extreme.

OP you won't know till you get there, but there's no sense fretting over something you may not even need. Better to be skinny with some loose skin than fat.
>>
>>16917625

are you a grill?
>>
>>16917625
>So, I'm, 20, 6'3 and 288 pounds
>I just feel like killing myself
you should
>>
How do I become anemic? 5'7" 127 lbs and I want to know how much iron I can eat before I'm not anemic anymore.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.