[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Know I need to seek professional help >For some reason,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
>Know I need to seek professional help
>For some reason, I'm just too goddamn terrified to talk to my doctor about it

How do i build myself up to actually do it?
>>
>>16917413

write on your forehead in sharpie. dont cancel appointment.

OR

make a friend go with you to see it through

if your answer to any of this is

>BUT ID JUST NOT DO THAT TO BEGIN WITH

then why ask for advice?
>>
>>16917429
I can't even bring myself to call and make the appointment, honestly. I'm sure once I make that appointment I'll probably keep it
>>
>>16917439

then call and make the appoint,ment.
>>
>>16917453
That's the problem, whenever I think about it I just get all nervous and freeze up
>>
>>16917465

then why ask for advice?

you are literally asking us how to pick up the phone and make an appointment. that isnt something you ask advice for. its sometihng you do or dont

>BUT MUH ANXIETY

great things arent done because a lack of anxiety. they are done despite anxiety. perhaps if you can do this, one day you'll do something great. who knows.
>>
>>16917469
Yeah I guess, I don't know what was expecting,

Is there anything you can think of I can do to help myself work past that?
>>
>>16917482

yes. picking up the phone and saying 'i need to make an appointment'

or like i said earlier

make a friend go with you to see it through.
>>
>>16917413
Muster your impulsiveness to make the appointment.
If you can't do that, get someone to shove your anxious ass in there, and to ignore your cowering as they do.
>>
Have you tried online counseling?

It may break down the barrier of feeling too "weird" or like you'll say something wrong.
>>
>>16917413
Oh fuck dude this looks like the line game I used to play in school w/ my pal. I don't even remember the rules, fuck.

You're never gonna do it by 'building up'. Just gotta swallow your fear like that line from Dune.
>>
Similar situation with me
>Be 19
>Living at home for college
>Realize I may need to seek professional help
>Absolutely terrified to bring it up with my parents

They're absolutely loving people, and I know they'd just want me to feel ok. I don't know why telling them this is so hard.
>>
you just have to realize that they've dealt with people ten times as fucked up as you
>>
>>16917849
Maybe if you feel more comfortable talking to a friend about it see if they'll bring it up with them, then once it's finally out there you'll probably have an easier time talking about it. Starting the conversation is always the hardest part.

That being said, it's probably better for you to do it yourself (after all, you need to be able to bring up tough shit like that). Only do it as a last resort.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.