[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have any advice/opinions about learning to use makeup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 2485280463.gif (89 KB, 549x393) Image search: [Google]
2485280463.gif
89 KB, 549x393
Does anyone have any advice/opinions about learning to use makeup after already out of your teens?

Decided to learn to do makeup in my twenties, but I'm kinda nervous to be doing it. Pretty much everyone else has had years of experience at this point, and I'm afraid my lack of skill will stand out. I always used to think makeup was just a waste of time. I've always been nerdy and not too concerned with my appearance, but I've realized that's important too. And it'll probably help with my insecurities as well.

Will post pics too.
>>
>>16917398

tutorials mostly
>>
File: 16-03-13-22-07-11-384_deco.jpg (492 KB, 1166x1250) Image search: [Google]
16-03-13-22-07-11-384_deco.jpg
492 KB, 1166x1250
First pic is without makeup and glasses on, I have contacts in the second. I also took one with eyeshadow, but, uh, I really don't know how to apply that shit so won't even bother posting it.

Does it show how inexperienced I am with makeup? And do I even look better with it? I'm honestly at a loss here.

Also sorry for the bad quality, I have nothing but my shitty camera phone right now
>>
File: 16-03-15-03-48-57-614_deco.jpg (452 KB, 1192x1258) Image search: [Google]
16-03-15-03-48-57-614_deco.jpg
452 KB, 1192x1258
>>16917412
>>
>>16917398
Mostly learn how to do a good eyeliner line and then pinkish blush and some lipstick. The more natural it looks it more beautiful to me. I think you don't need foundation
if u want just powder
>>
Bamp

I want to know am I doing it completely wrong.
>>
I didn't do my make up till I was 18. Years behind most girls. You should just sit in your room with make up remover and a bunch of stuff and pull up YouTube tutorials. Practice try different things see what looks best. I went to through a lot of godawful why would I wear that make up phases too. Now I barely wear any at all. Mascara because be hot blonde eyelashes.
>>
You look much better in the second picture.

I can't give you any advice from a makeup perspective, but you seem to be headed in the right direction. Ditch the glasses and keep the makeup.
>>
>>16917414
Don't push so hard with your eyebrow pen. Light little stroke so it lightly fills in but doesn't look drawn on. The least amount necessary is always best with make up. And I would bring your eyebrows in more you have a big gap. Eyeliner looks a little heavy I'm the middle but that's really just a thing you have to practice. One eye is always perfect and one always fucks up. Keep qtips around and even it out. Not too thick. Put mascara on top and bottom eye lashes. I only wear eyeliner if I'm going out like night time make up you can really get away with just mascara and eye brows fixed up.
>>
Learned make up way out of my teens, and all from YouTube videos. From your pictures it looks like you don't need foundation, but that might be from the quality of the pics.

You gave your brows a pretty good shape, but don't go too heavy handed with the strokes. I'd do smaller strokes. For eyeliner I'd make the wing go up at a higher degree. Instead of following the lashes on your top lid I'd follow the lower lash up then connect it to the liner on your lid. That just my preference to when I do winged eyeliner. Also the liner looks uneven. Start small with short strokes and focus on keeping it even before building it thicker.

I'm a huge fan of contouring and highlighting. Not sure if you be into that or what kind of look you want to achieve, but to me it's god damn fun to play with.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.