[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Start dating girl in high school (my junior year, her sophomore)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1454286046884.jpg (865 KB, 608x1070) Image search: [Google]
1454286046884.jpg
865 KB, 608x1070
>It's great, really compatible, never had a serious argument about anything; lose virginity to her, move in together when we go to college
>My junior year of college I wake up to her trying to hide that she's crying
>She says she thinks she might be gay
>I tell her that if she's serious then she needs to decide whether or not she's going to explore that
>She says she thinks she should
>I'm dying inside as I tell her that while I love her, if she is going to be romantically or sexually involved with someone else then I cannot be with her
>We both agree that it's time to split up
>I already had little interest in college (I attended because my parents were insistent, my girlfriend didn't want me to go into the military, and I had a full scholarship) so I dropped out and enlisted
>Maintain contact with her for the next three years; we were eachothers' best friend for a long time and I didn't see a reason to kill our friendship even if our romantic relationship was dead

>Over the last year she has been talking to me about problems with her girlfriend; I always tell her that I'm not an unbiased person to get advice from in this regard but I'll try my best if she insists
>Help her keep a clearly failing relationship limping along for another ten months
>She calls me one night last December; she's clearly drunk
>She tells me she misses me and wishes we had never split up
>I tell her to call me back when she's sober
>Next morning she calls me; she means what she said
>I tell her that she should let her girlfriend know about the issues we'd been discussing (she had been trying to resolve problems subtly so that her partner wouldn't get stressed out - the girlfriend has a lot of issues) and that her partner deserved an honest opportunity to keep their relationship from imploding
>January passes while they try to salvage it
>>
>>16917143
>February rolls around and she officially breaks up with her now ex-girlfriend
>Asks if I can come see her
>I have to get leave from my unit, I can't just drive out there any day of the week
>She says she'll wait for me

I have ten days of leave starting next week. I'm not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand I really, really miss her - but at the same time, if we get involved again and it ends poorly it would destroy me. I was barely moving on as-is.

Should I go through with this?
>>
>>16917145
>>16917143
I don't know, OP. It sounds like nostalgia for what used to be may be clouding your judgement.

I mean 3-4 years is a long time to be apart. You are likely very different people now even if you can't relay that via text message.
>>
File: 1385434155565.png (356 KB, 572x380) Image search: [Google]
1385434155565.png
356 KB, 572x380
>>16917143

I read this sentence and then the last sentence.

Nothing that happens in high school matters. You are both children and children don't know the first thing about maintaining committed, meaningful relationships.

Move on. Stop hanging on to some bullshit you did when you were a kid and start growing up. Stop revisiting the stupid decisions you made over and over again and start making better ones.
>>
Take those 10 days and go anywhere but near her. Move the fuck on man. Jesus christ.
>>
>>16917145
It's worth a shot at least, for both of you. It sounds to me like neither you nor her have many other options, and you're already on fairly solid ground since you were very intimate and the relationship didn't end badly (so no serious compatibility problems).

She wants you and you want her. At least try.
You don't want that regret eating at you for the rest of your life.
>>
>>16917143
>>16917145

What >>16917407 said.
Dude go to her.

1- Try it. Maybe this time could work. Talk with her, give it a shot.

2- For what I understood, you already told her you would go, and not doing that would destroy both her and you. In the worst possibility, better to go, talk with her and decide to not go with it than destroying your friendship like that. You would regret it for sure.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.