[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is saying the truth in this thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
There are very opposite viewpoints in the thread, and people gave reasons as to why the people with the other viewpoint is biased.
>>16913551
>>
>>16916903
Are you actually asking for advice on advice on /adv/?
>>
>>16916911
Yes, because that thread is confusing with polarised point of views. It is more confusing when both sides give reasons as to why they are biased.
>>
People just like to paint things black-and-white or come out with some convictions that are dubitable when held up against the reality of human life. A lot of people on here are also very young.

You have to ask yourself if the ultimate outcome of an action should be the only determinant in judging its merit, and what exactly that means in regards to a romantic relationship.

Let's say you meet someone, get into a relationship with them. The relationship lasts three years, and then you have a painful breakup. Was it good or bad to enter that relationship in the first place?

Let's say you enter a relationship, and the other person dies in a random accident after two years. Would that be better or worse than the first option?

Let's say you enter a relationship. You go on to marry and have children. After 16 years, you go into divorce, have an messy breakup with teenage children and court and division of assets and what else. How many happy years justify the bad ones? Or does the existence of children mean everything was worthwhile?

There's fairly thin grounds on which to classify this kind of human interaction. If the only good relationship is the one that lasts until simultaneous death, or lasts a number of decades until the death of one person, or perhaps ends in a Hollywood-esque mutual understanding and frolicking on a green field, then it's very difficult to find that and get it right in one go - predicting that this will be the case in one go.

In my opinion, the only really sensible rule in human relationships can be emotion and will. If you feel an emotion, and if you have the will to follow it. Personally, I'd rather be hurt immensely and feel soul-devouring pain instead of spending my limited existence trying to perfect imperfection until I still die like any other fucker. Allowing the chance for failure, or the fear of it, to completely dictate one's actions just leads to paranoid paralysis.
>>
>>16917036
So... how to apply this knowledge to my original question?
>>
Alert, this is probably another Brandon thread. Very similar to his threads about actuaries and learning languages.
>>
FUCK YOU BRANDON GO AWAY

>>16918388
He's easy to recognize.
>>
>>16918572
I doubt it is him. I clicked on the thread he linked to and it's about whether dating men with kids can lead to a happy marriage.
>>
For better AND for worse, Anonymous is not only one person. For better, because there are many valid points of view to discuss, and we can see more of them. For worse, because there are also some invalid points of view being shat out in the relationship threads: the redpillers, the MGTOWs, and their ilk. Some of us are trying to at least keep the latter from infecting this place too badly, but our ability to act is limited.
>>
>>16918580
He has posted plenty of threads like this. About why people don't agree on something. Always with a link to a 4chan thread.
>>
>>16918726
He usually talks about why something is "pointless" though. This seems different.
>>
>>16918757
A second autist who keeps posting the same thread over and over again? Seems a bit unlikely.
>>
>>16918797
Do you really think that career brandon will ask about dating divourced men with kids? he's just a kid who just left high school so i don't think he will be interested in this - he is not in that demographic age group
>>
>>16918800

Career Brandon is also obsessed with languages though, and reposts links to threads where he asks some tangentially related question, and if one person agrees with him a little sideways, he says "see? This person agrees with me" and pretends it validates his hundreds of threads on the same two topics.

He's also more than a few times changed the subject in the middle of his thread to ask this question - why /adv/ doesn't 100% agree on a single answer all the time, like we're a hivemind.
>>
>>16918981
It still seems strange for a guy who just left high school to ask about dating divourced men. i can understand why career brandon is obsessed with people's careers, but being interested in the situation of dating single fathers doesn't seem to be something that a high school kid will care about
>>
>>16919045

I don't think the OP cares about the actual topic he's linking to, just the opposing viewpoints.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.