[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I may have fucked up (ID theft?)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 1287504205253.jpg (37 KB, 332x315) Image search: [Google]
1287504205253.jpg
37 KB, 332x315
I recently went out with a lady that I met on OKCupid. She seemed like a nice girl and we went to a movie together.

When we got there she said she needed to see my ID card becaue her Mom was worried and wanted to make sure I wasn't a shady person. So I let her take a picture of it because I assume you can't do shit with an ID card.

But now I'm fucking paranoid, is there something people can do with a picture of my ID card? Is there a way they can steal my ID for something? Is there a way I can prevent this?

I may just be paranoid but I have to know for sure.
>>
Since most major websites are proven to have little to no actual security (I read a hilarious story about that how a guy on Amazon kept getting his identity stolen because Amazon support kept fucking up), this depends entirely on how much you trust the different services you use around the interwebs and how much you trust them. A photo of an ID can obviously be used in some ways - but also they'd need your E-mail and/or similar data too.

It's weird that she wanted this photo, but it's not really likely that she'd go through the effort of making an OkCupid, meeting with someone in person, and then making a photo of their ID. It would be way too obvious.
>>
>>16916652

Yes you retarded fuck. It has your ID# and your fucking address on it. Do you realize what sort of damage could be done by having those things?

This is grounds for identity theft and you should call your credit unions immediately to set your accounts on alert in case anything suspicious happens.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.