[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Geting back together
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: oopsumad.jpg (273 KB, 1280x833) Image search: [Google]
oopsumad.jpg
273 KB, 1280x833
What's your opinion on getting back together with someone?
>start dating dance partner
>both big nerds
>everything is good at first
>practically never do anything outside of dance
>never contacts me first except to back out on promises.
>she does this to everyone though so I ignore that
>don't feel like she likes me
>I break up with her

Fast forward a year

>still friends and dance partner
>see each regularly
>I am starting to have feelings for her again and she is showing signs of interest in me too

Is it shameful to get back together with someone you broke up with? To give her another chance?

Do you have any similar stories that could be of help?
>>
>>16916497

if something didn't work the first time it's not gonna work the second time unless some fundamental parameters changed

-einstein or vaas or someshit
>>
>>16916509
Pretty deep.

Well, we're a little older and both of us have fooled around with other people and gotten some experience with being in a relationship.
We were both virgins had never had any romantic experiences before,

Do you think this is good enough to count as a fundamental change?
>>
Just talk to her about her previous lack of interest. Tell her you want someone who will give you more attention. If she does that to everyone, she's probably just an introvert, but relationships need compromise and she'd have to improve.

If she doesn't wanna do that, she's probably not that into you.
>>
>>16916583
Thanks, that actually sounds like good advice. I'll do that.
>>
>>16916526
Thats the steretypical answer for /adv. very pessimistic and not caring about the details at all. The real answer is it entirely depends on your attitudes. Theres a good possibility it wont work out, but the opposite is also true.

In your situation i would just because why not. Its not like she cheated on you or anything. Its entirely possible you both grew up enough to not have the same problems this time around.
>>
>>16916612
Yeah I guess I don't have much to lose, I think we'll stay friends even if it doesn't work.
Thanks for the answer
>>
>>16916497
>What's your opinion on getting back together with someone?
99% of the time it's a waste of time. 1%? OK.

But just because it's a waste of time doesn't make it "bad." Waste your time on 4chan... or waste your time on pussy. Your choice. Sometimes it's OK to waste time.

Just don't lie to yourself about it.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.