[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, so my next door neighbor has this massive great dane
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_mmst0f5tjO1r1k6d5o1_500.jpg (46 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mmst0f5tjO1r1k6d5o1_500.jpg
46 KB, 500x384
Alright, so my next door neighbor has this massive great dane who they leave outside all day long and even at night sometimes. The fucker barks SO loudly constantly. The dog barks at anything and nothing all at once, my bedroom window is parallel to their backyard fence and this shit drives me fucking nuts and I cant have my window open for fresh air. This has gone on for a year or more, probably more. I just cant stand this shit anymore and I want to call animal control.

What I want to know is, will they be able to do something?
Do I need video documentation of the dog barking for evidence?
How do I go about this?

(I like dogs, I even have one but it doesnt fucking bark nonstop for no reason. I am just really so tired of this. I dont hear any other dogs in the neighborhood barking except this massive fucking great dane.)
>>
>>16916197
what I want to know is, why aren't you asking animal control these questions? are you afraid that as soon as they pick up the phone and you say "hi I got a problem with the neighbour's dog" they're gonna drive over there and taze it to death?

just call them, explain the situation, tell them you don't want for anything bad to happen to the dog but you want to know what your options are.

or you can just call the police. if there's a noise ordinance in your town they can write your neighbour a ticket or at least let them know to keep it down.
>>
just thought of something else too. if you get the cops involved, but the dog doesn't get taken away, the barking might stop for a while but then start back up again because some people are just ignorant fucks.

if that happens and you find yourself calling more than a couple times, consider getting some of the other neighbours involved too. they're probably as sick of it as you are, and if there are multiple people complaining about the same person, it carries a lot more weight and it doesn't look like one person just bitching to make trouble for someone else.
>>
I had a similar problem last summer: neighbors left their dog chained to a tree and it would bark incessantly, only for the owner to open the door and scream "Shut up!"

I called county animal control and left a message explaining the situation, including the owner's address. The next day a town cop pulled up, listened to the dog for awhile, then talked to the owner. Haven't had a problem since.

Just call your local animal control office and pray.
>>
Thanks guys, I'm gonna ring up the animal control tomorrow and see what happens.

God you have no idea how loud this dog is. Still fuckin barking max volume as we speak.
>>
I know you're probably in the right either way but I always think about it like this: was the noise (i.e. the dog) there before you? Move. Where you there before it? Make them move.
>>
>>16916197

if it's loud after 10 pm, just call the cops.
>>
You could not be an asshole, and like, knock on your neighbors door. And explain your frustration to them...
>>
This shit happened to me a few years back. Just call the animal control people and also record the times it starts barking every day for 2 weeks and record it. If it's as bad as you say then other people might of already complained but nothing got done because it was just one person.

Something will get done about it and if not, keep phoning until they get the message.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.