[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being more likable.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: 1457483553449.png (302 KB, 400x403) Image search: [Google]
1457483553449.png
302 KB, 400x403
Hello,
So I've started to find myself over the years as "unlikable." I've never been called this by anyone but I've kind of given myself that title. I have plenty of friends but yet I still feel lonely and uncared about by anyone who isn't my closest family. The friends I have I only talk to inside of school so when I go home I resort to playing video games, watching anime and the other nerdy internet personality stuff.

I've tried/still try to talk to my friends outside of school and hang out with them but they usually put me off for other friends or something along those lines, making me feel like an acquaintance over anything else.
When I try to make close friends online by joining a forum or finding them other ways I make a few but eventually (more than often) lose contact with them about a month after meeting them while they are still very close friends with other people I know from the same places.

With girls, sometimes I look at myself as creepy in a way and I think they think the same most of the time. Don't get me wrong, I've had some serious relationships in the past and don't really have a problem with talking to girls or anyone else but as mentioned below I can be pretty stale after a while and sometimes I fuck up and say/do things that aren't very normal for a social interaction.

After thinking about it myself for a while I'm pretty sure it's because I have a sort of bland personality that gets boring after a while (Because I have a pretty boring and lazy life in most people's eyes and have nothing to talk about past the average everyday shit) and I can be very awkward and shy and nervous at times. I also try to be very likable, which results in the opposite of what it's intended to. Long story short, what's the right way to go about being a generally likable person?

Thanks in advance~!
>>
P.S. I'm not looking for satisfaction from others, I'd just prefer to not feel lonely anymore and always have friends there for me and be able to make a great first impression on others without a problem.
>>
File: 1457751297004.jpg (102 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1457751297004.jpg
102 KB, 400x300
>>16916194
Just be yourself. Take a deep breath.
>>
>>16916883
I mean I am myself. But that doesn't fix me feeling lonely.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.