[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here use Amazon Mechanical Turk? How much money can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: mechanical-turk.jpg (55 KB, 450x309) Image search: [Google]
mechanical-turk.jpg
55 KB, 450x309
Does anyone here use Amazon Mechanical Turk? How much money can you make?

I'd like to make at least $250 each month through this alone. Is that doable?
>>
>>16915987
You can make about $1.50 an hour before you get banned by a user that wrote poor instructions and rejected more than 3 of your submissions.
>>
>>16916004
Yeah that certainly seems to be a possibility. Are you speaking from personal experience?
>>
>>16916119
No. I made $2.10 in 3 hours then quit after reading about the situation above in a discussion forum.

What do you need the $250 a month for?
>>
>>16916125
Okay, well there is a greasemonkey script that shows worker reviews of requesters, so that could help a little bit in weeding out the assholes. I'll just have to do it for longer than a day and see what happens.

I want some extra money to pay bills with. I already have a job, but making more is always nice, you know.
>>
File: SEICHUSEN_GODANZUKI.jpg (498 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
SEICHUSEN_GODANZUKI.jpg
498 KB, 707x1000
Never got to try Mturk since Amazon kept having bizarre issues with my account. I just gave up.

Go for Clickworker, specifically the UHRS part you have to qualify for. Afterward on the UHRS site you test to qualify for specific hits. Seriously read up on the rules though since if you fuck up your score too much you can get perma-banned from that hit. Soft warnings I think reset but there might be info over on reddit (yeah yeah).

The search engine ones are where the sweet money is but I never could pass the qualifications. Good hits show up randomly and go fast. This past fall I just did audio transcription searches (unintentionally hilarious), deciding if searches were adult or not, etc. and when work was good I averaged at $8/10 hr. I operate sites and computers like a jack rabbit on crack though.

It's very unreliable income but I earned a good chunk of money when the hits were there. Bought some vidya and had xmas money.
>>
>>16916256

To stress again it can be unreliable. Apparently there can be dry spells. Definitely look up all info about it so if you do check it out you don't accidentally get kicked from a good hit.

I still check it for good hits. On Saturday there was one on UHRS that basically had you clicking to decide if a search was video game related. I breezed through it until all the hits got leased. Roughly 1 hour and $10.86 made.
>>
>>16916278
>>16916256
Thank you, I have seen clickworker mentioned here and there but haven't tried it yet. Will take your advice and give it a go as well.

Do you remember what issues you had with Amazon, specifically?
>>
>>16916335

It kept stating my payment account or something was suspended despite my info all being in line, correct, and never having any issues when ordering on Amazon in the past. I shot a few emails to support, but never got around to calling. It just seemed like a bit of a hassle so I just gave up.

And good luck dude. Definitely google information. Reddit has a section 'beer money' and one for UHRS too that all have info on earning extra pocket money. Usually you can get good info there if a certain hit is getting stricter on their 'spam scores' or if there's a hit with issues.

If you're quick and get good hits you can get some decent scratch. I have a dual monitor setup and when I was doing it often before the holidays I'd have 4chan/podcast on one and the work on another. Made the repetitive work a bit more bearable.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.