[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recent college graduate. Apply for 3 different jobs in the past
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: n1.gif (1 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
n1.gif
1 MB, 300x200
Recent college graduate.
Apply for 3 different jobs in the past 2 weeks online, not a single reply.
Have good CV and portfolio up online with script that let's me see who visits it, not a single visit.

What's going on? Am I doing something wrong? Am I being impatient?
>>
>>16915267
do you call them to review your application?
>>
I doubt you're doing anything wrong, competition is rough out there senpai.
>>
>>16915273
Call them? Am I supposed to call them? Shit I didn't know that.

>>16915276
Very true, but I would've expected them to at least go through my portfolio (I do graphic design, video, all that adobe shit). But I didn't get a single view. I mean, maybe they see my CV and see how I'm inexperienced and that sort of shit but I think they'd at least check my work.
>>
>>16915279
yeah it worked for me, i was full NEET for two months applying everywhere under hte sun, i was forgetting where i applied i was applying so much.. I called to review my application at 5 different places and within the week they all called me back offering positions.
>>
>>16915294
I'll try that, thank you. Do I just say I'd like them to review my application?
>>
>>16915315
Yep most likely the person answering the phone isn't the hiring manager so you could ask for them or just say you'd like to review your app then they'll transfer you. Make sure that you have a quiet area to do this.
>>
>>16915267
Well,three application in two week is really not enough to judge if there is a problem with your resume.
When I was looking for an internship, I litteraly sent two hundred application in the span of three months, and got "only" twelves interviews.

In the end,there was nothing really wrong with my resume, but you might have send it at the wrong time

source : myself, HR manager in yurop

Tl;dr :spend more resume
>>
>>16915267

>3

Lol.

Try applying for 300 in two weeks and then come back to us if you don't get a response.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.