[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking to see if anyone here has gone through this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1433113642155.jpg (66 KB, 500x645) Image search: [Google]
1433113642155.jpg
66 KB, 500x645
I'm looking to see if anyone here has gone through this before. I'm in happy relationship of about a year. I enjoy being with my girlfriend and I could see myself marrying her. Our relationship isn't perfect but we get along well and there haven't been any major problems so far. My problem is I sometimes miss my ex girlfriend. Not romantically though. We dated for five years but I havent see her in over a year. I don't miss being together but I do miss our friendship. I wish I could at least text her and see how she is but my girlfriend is very jealous. She would perceive me saying hello to her as a way of attempting to cheat on her. I love my girlfriend but its hard to completely forget about someone you loved for so long. My girlfriend has no clue how I feel because it would hurt her and its not worth ruining the relationship. Has anyone here been in a similar situation?
>>
This is a touchy situation my dude, did you feel like you connected better with this other lady or are you feeling residual emotions from a long term relationship/connection with someone else, because that's a real natural thing
>wall of txt
>rly sorry
>>
>>16915231
I don't think I connected better with the ex vs the current. Its hard for me not to care about someone who I loved so much, albeit a few years ago. Our relationship crashed and burned hard at the end. I don't have any desire to get back into a relationship with her.
>>
>>16915241
Hmmm I guess if you really believe it's plutonic and you can trust yourself not to
>g e t y o u r p e e n w e t
then contact her, even if it's behind your current girlfriend's back, there's no absolutes, things are rarely black and white so I wouldn't get caught up on morality.

Or the antithesis that you really are missing the wet peen and or you miss the feeling you had then, rather than the actual person.

I had an instance of this with an old ollld friend of mine, someone I was extremely close with years ago. We tried connecting again and it was just sad, we are two completely different people now and the friendship is long dead, we were just strangers who shared great memories 5 or 6 years ago.

Idk friend, as long as you're not slipping it to ex lady do what you like, just be discrete.
>>
>>16915258
I'm tempted to but if the current girlfriend found out, there would be hell to pay. She would assume I was cheating regardless of my intentions.
>>
>>16915314
Weeeeellllll then be extra careful. Or don't at all, either way, you've got it on your mind, so is there much disconnect if you did and she found or if she found out you were thinking?

Cause I mean, if you're that tempted then she's already upset and she doesn't know it yet and you're essentially keeping it from here.

Just talk to the ex anon, get it out of the way
Also, is the ex cool with meeting up discretely (or at all)?
>>
>>16915334
I haven't told the current girlfriend how I feel. She would probably say "Why am I not good enough" or some crazy thing like that. It would just spiral downwards from there. I think I will probably just leave the ex alone. I miss her and I wish we could be friends but its not worth making my current girlfriend upset.
>>
>>16915360
Yeah you might be better off that way. Good man for realizing the value of letting sleeping, belligerent women lie.
Cheers mate
>>
It can't really work. I'm sure you'd feel like shit if your gf started talking to an old boyfriend she fucked literally thousands of times and when pressed was like "it's just because we built a very deep connection and I just want to dip into that now and again when I feel like it. Why are you such an insecure idiot that this makes you feel uncomfortable?"

You can't ask someone to understand that because it's bullshit and you can't divorce 5 years of romance and intimacy from the companionship you shared. And you don't need to.
>>
>>16915427
Yeah, you're right. I think I'll just learn to live with it. Thanks.
>>
posted earlier but the pic was what compelled me to reply. rip
>>
>>16915220

facebook has taught us that we should be in contact with everyone we have ever met for all time ever.

facebook was wrong. sweet memories are just that, memories. didnt you watch gravity falls? its all about growing up and moving on.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.