[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life/career advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: heinz-ketchup-rice-600-13232.jpg (35 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
heinz-ketchup-rice-600-13232.jpg
35 KB, 600x399
29 male, bullshit bachelor's and associates.

Paramedic out of college, but for the past 2.5 years I've been doing website updates for a Fortune 500 buz.

From day one, I wanted out. Surrounded by cunts and worked like a dog. I've been interviewing nonstop, but I'm a dime a dozen

Today was the last straw. I answer to 9 people, and one of their Mother in laws died. I get an email telling me she'll still have her laptop at the funeral and to change a headline to 12pt, Arial.

FUCK THIS.

Only debt is a small mortgage and wife makes the same as me ($55k). I'm pretty sure they're getting my 2 week notice today.

I don't want to go from professional looking wagecock to part-time minimum wage wagecock, but I think my hands are tied.

Advice? What would you do?
>>
Is it really that bad?

>Was asked to change headline
Why are you upset with this? This is what a job is. You do stuff in exchange for money.
>>
>>16915199
They give a headline, I update it, then they have me change it.

Then they bitch that it's 18px and they want it 16pt.

Yea, it's my job, but they're bullshit requests that stack up and become unmanageable. That's one request from one person. I have 48 email requests flagged in my inbox. All 9 of these fools don't have their shit together and run around like chicken with their heads cut off and make me deal with their fuck ups.
>>
>>16915361
My bad, it's 16px and they want 12pt. It's practically the same fucking thing, and the last thing they should give a fuck about while I'm swamped and their MIL is dead.

Not to mention everything is coded in fucking pixels and not points on the goddamn email.
>>
don't quit until you have another job lined up
>>
>>16915383
That's good common advice, but I've been trying for a year now and am about to go postal. I'm giving up on this industry and would settle for a $12/hr job if I could be treated like a human.
>>
>>16915361
You'll be just as dissatisfied with your next job, as you seem to have an aversion to work in general.
>>
>>16915436
My bosses admit I do the work of 2.5 people, so I don't think that's very correct.

I'm just tired of doing shitty work, then being told to delete it and do it again.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.