[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to get un-fat. I'm doing this by a combination
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Pink-Flamingos1.jpg (113 KB, 568x568) Image search: [Google]
Pink-Flamingos1.jpg
113 KB, 568x568
I'm trying to get un-fat. I'm doing this by a combination of diet and exercise.

Whenever I get the urge to snack after I've already eaten my limit for the day, how do I fight that off?
>>
Find "good snacks".

Salad, fruits, nuts...as opposed to chips, cookies, soft drinks.
>>
>>16915044
If you're hungry and want a snack there are plenty of filling low cal snacks you can have. Don't deprive yourself, if your body is telling you it's hungry feed yourself. Eat fruits, nuts, natural/organic granola, vegetable soup, healthy bulk snack foods, ect
>>
>>16915044
Graze. Instead of eating three meals (however healthy) spread the calories over 5 or 6 meal-ettes.

The snack impulse is rarely real hunger - it's what is called "mouth hunger", the feeling that you haven't done your day's quota of chewing.
>>
>>16915075
This too. Does your stomach feel empty? Is it growling? Are you low energy? Or are you just craving a certain taste?
>>
>>16915044

>>16915046
>>16915051
These anons are right but be careful of fruits as they may be packed with nutrients, but they are also high in sugar. Nuts also are high in protein but very high in fat, calorie dense and (some) are high in salt. They are fine as long as you don't have more than a small handful of nuts a day OR one piece of fruit, you just have to work your caloric intake around it.
My go to snacks are ants on a log (small amount of peanut butter and only 2-3 raisins on each) because they are super filling, or spinach leaves with home made vinegrette. I'll have a cup of green tea with a half a tsp of sugar, or a cup of caf or decaf black coffee with a half a tsp of sugar, both are only 18 calories and for whatever reason warm drinks tend to fill me up and be very satisfying. Most of the time I never needed the snack, just a hot cup of something.
Bone broth is very filling, I drink it a few times a week for collagen and it's VERY low cal (10 calories a cup) and low sodium depending on how much salt you add to make it.
Other than that just try to cut your snacks in half- it's half the calories and half the guilt. Going over your limit for 50 calories is better than 100.
Lost 60lbs in the last year and it was a matter of changing my eating habits but also making sure I was going for a walk for 45mins 2-3x a week and pilates or swimming 3x a week, exercise is very important in weightloss otherwise you're not going to be happy with how your body looks after losing the weight. Not to mention you are going to have unhealthy eating habits from just starving yourself rather than changing into healthy routines. You will get to eat more calories if you are working out and will be more satisfied throughout the day.
Good luck to you anon, it's a difficult road but you'll also find a new appreciation for food being sustenance rather than comfort and hopefully start cooking a lot more often. It's a fantastic hobby to have and you'll use it the rest of your life.
>>
>>16915119
this is sound advice

i have a high fat low carb diet and i find that the greater the percentage of calories that come from fat the less i'm wanting to snack
broth also works really well for me
>>
>>16915132
Thank you anon :)
I think that bone broth is essential in weightloss because the extra collagen helps keep the skin tight. With weightloss the skin tends to not only get acne from stress but if you're working out the impact of walking, running or any cardio pulls at your skin, not just on your body but your face too. Gives a "droopy dog" look with sunken cheeks and extra facial skin.
>>
I don't get it. Just don't eat it and tough it out and it should stop in a week or so. I did that with tea and honey. Didn't consider it at first but that sugar really kills the gains.

Maybe eat low energy veggies or meat as some suggest but cheat meals are dumb.
>>
1) Drink water (or your zero-calorie beverage of choice, like unsweetened tea or coffee),
2) If you're even hungrier after half an hour, crack into some greens. The danger here is in wanting to dress them and losing control of calories used for that. Instead try kale or seaweed chips, or spears of cucumber. Those can be seasoned with just a little salt alone.
3) Go back and ask yourself whether you've been eating starchy vegetables, grains, sweets, etc. throughout the day. Those don't do any favors to regulating your blood sugar levels. The sharper the drops, the more sudden the hunger pangs hours after you eat or snack. That's how you end up with urges later. Get your carbs from vegetables instead. Lay down the fruit and pasta.
>>
My mouth still feels hungr when my body doesn't. I have packs of sugarfree strawberry gum stached everywhere. I'll just pop one of those and i'm happy for a while. For me, the "munch" factor is important. If the gum doesn't cut it i grab an apple if it's in the am and a carrot if it is pm.
>>
>>16915219
Watch out for apples, eat in season
http://www.foodrenegade.com/your-apples-year-old/
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.