[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When are you supposed to say hi? For example, if you live in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1457356334210.jpg (88 KB, 587x443) Image search: [Google]
1457356334210.jpg
88 KB, 587x443
When are you supposed to say hi?
For example, if you live in an apartment and you go by your neighbor on the staircase, are you supposed to say hi?
What if you've already said hi to them because you went by them before? Are you supposed to say hi again? If not, what are you supposed to do?
>>
i never say hi first
>>
are you that socially inept that simply saying hi is a challenge?
>>
>>16914877
>For example, if you live in an apartment and you go by your neighbor on the staircase, are you supposed to say hi?

It's a pretty common thing to do, yes

>What if you've already said hi to them because you went by them before?

Unless you meet them twice in the space of a couple of minutes I think you should greet them every time

>>16915020
>are you that socially inept that simply saying hi is a challenge?
I think that's pretty fucking obvious anon
>>
>>16914877
Just say hi. You'll feel better. And it's a good stepping stone to getting over that obvious social anxiety you have. Baby steps, man.
>>
>>16914877
That probably depends a lot on where you're living. But as long as it's neighbors or people at your school or job then I can't really think of that many situations where saying hi would be strange.
Even if you meet someone twice you can just say "oh hi again".
>>
>>16915070
What would be an appropriate way to say hi when meeting someone you don't know well for the second time in the same day?
Let's say that person is a classmate or a neighbor that you either never talked to or only talked to once?
>>
You only say hi after youve done fucking themm
>>
If I don't feel like saying hi, or if I said hi to someone already and I run into them an hour later or something, I just give them (what I hope is) a friendly smile. not a toothpaste-ad smile, but enough of a smile that it reaches your eyes. usually they'll smile back and they may say hi, in which case you say hi back. if they look at you all stony-faced, just act as if they'd smiled back anyway. kindness and manners cost nothing.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.