[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I will attend an interview organised by my uni soon. They use
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: hola como estas.gif (63 KB, 340x255) Image search: [Google]
hola como estas.gif
63 KB, 340x255
I will attend an interview organised by my uni soon. They use this as a criteria to select people to go on a Spanish exchange trip. What kind of questions should I expect them to ask?
>>
What motivates you ? why would they pick you instead of anon ? then maybe personnal stuff

for the personnal stuff try to sounds really motivate in every projects you were involved in
this should do the trick
>>
>>16914833
>personnal stuff
I only took a beginner Spanish course
>>
>>16914836
You don't have to tell them the truth
Build up a fake ass story about how much the spanish culture inspires you and stuff

Makes this beginner course souds like the first step in a long series
>>
>>16914849
I'm just a freshman, so it makes sense that I only took a beginner's course. I wasn't able to take Spanish this semester as the classes clashed with my other courses.
I actually want to minor in Spanish but it seems a bit too far-fetched to say that. My major has absolutely NOTHING to do with Spanish anyway (it is Accounting) and I am just doing Spanish for fun. I know that some Linguistics majors are interested in the trip as well and there is no way that I can compete with them simply because this is more relevant to their majors.
I've always wanted to study a new language but they didn't have any language classes at my secondary school as I lived in a bumfuck area and nobody was interested in learning new languages. I picked Spanish as my online friend is Hispanic and I love talking to him and he promised to help me with Spanish.
>>
>>16914857
>I am just doing Spanish for fun

Then that's perfect tell them that they should be happy

>I know that some Linguistics majors are interested in the trip as well and there is no way that I can compete with them

Yo OP they don't want people fluent in spanish to get even more good in spanish
They want motivated student to have a blast in a foreign country

My best friend is in an Erasmus in madrid and she never took any spanish lesson before

So don't that scared about this you have your chance getting in
>>
>>16914866
>Erasmus
I am not European
I did a lot of self-learning in Duolingo, to the extent that my online friend can understand my crappy Spanish/Spanglist sentences. Should I reveal the fact that I did a lot of self-learning during the interview or pretend that I only know how to introduce myself, count from 1 - 100, and talk about my family in Spanish?
>>
>>16914872
> Should I reveal the fact that I did a lot of self-learning during the interview or pretend that I only know how to introduce myself, count from 1 - 100, and talk about my family in Spanish?

Tell them both. They will get that yyou are motivated enough to *learn a new language by yourself. Then tell them this trip would be an extremely valuable experience to improve your spanish conversasion's skills
>>
>>16914886
If I get selected, I will need to take a quiz to determine what level I am at. Should I pretend to only know basic stuff as well?
Also, should I mention that I am interested in minoring in Spanish?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.