[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, what can I do about a roommate giving me problems? Here's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 5ed barbarian.png (444 KB, 622x894) Image search: [Google]
5ed barbarian.png
444 KB, 622x894
Guys, what can I do about a roommate giving me problems?

Here's the story, I invited a friend to move into my place almost two years ago. He works a shit job six days a week for a paycheck that is about $650 after taxes and such every two weeks. My place is just that, mine. Paid in full, land, house, everything, and given his shit cash flow compared to mine which is almost triple his, I didn't feel comfortable asking him for rent so I told him to keep the grass cut and pitch in on the food bill.

Two years later, the grass is rarely mowed, the only thing he buys for food is pancake mix (and I am not a big fan of pancakes) and occasional stuff to make an actual meal about once a month or so. He got a dog. I already had two housebroken dogs myself, but he gets a puppy under the condition that he trains it and picks up after it.

His dog has fucked up the skirting of my house, ripped up the carpet in the closet she stayed in, and just acts like puppies do (I.E. destruction machines) and she is finally settling down.

He knocked a hole in my wall because he worked out too hard one day and quasi-blacked out and put a dumb bell through my wall on his way down. He borrowed $500 from me to get a car and was told 'Pay me back when you can, no pressure, but do pay me back'.

Car has been paid off for over a year now, he doesn't put in toward in bills, his only bills are his minimum car insurance payment, cell phone bill ($50) and a small credit card bill.

I have not been paid back for his car. When I mention fixing his dog's destruction he gets pissed and says my dogs fuck up things more than his does (claw marks by the front door where they ask to be let out), and he has made no attempt to repair my wall, or replace the torn up carpet besides saying 'Those are totally easy fixes, man.'

I like having someone with similar interests to talk to, but holy shit, man. I am tired of carrying this fucker.
>>
>>16914804

The reason I mention how much money he makes is because he always bitches about being flat broke. My central AC unit died, it was old as hell, so I just got some oversized window units to keep the house cool on the cheap. Did he pitch in for that? Nope. I told him to just get a small one for his room. Didn't do that either and instead he just sweats it the fuck out in there.

I feel for the guy because he has sleep apnea to the point he is practically a narcoleptic. However, this son of a bitch is 35 years old and really needs to grow the fuck up.

I don't want to kill a friendship, but I am tired of being used when I ask for almost nothing and don't even get that in return.

How would you recommend handling this situation? Just tell him to get his shit together? Tell him that since his car is paid off, he should probably find a place to rent? What?
>>
Holy shit you are being taken advantage of so hard it's incredible.

Your house should be your pussy-pad, right now he's cockblocking you in addition to being a leech, you need to get rid of this guy.

What is your exit plan exactly? Let him live there for the rest of your life? He can't even pay back a car bill, you think he's gonna move out when he has free food, rent, electricity and all that stuff?

He's your friend, I get it...just tell him you've been planning on having a girl you know online move in with you and that you need to free the place up.
>>
You're being a cuck

Just give him a date to move out (3 months from now, 2 months or something) and have that be it.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.