[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have spent so much of my life turning people down. Saying no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
I have spent so much of my life turning people down. Saying no to different social offers and opportunities. I have shut so many doors that have been opened to me. But I have reached the end of the hallway and there are no more doors.
If I had just gone through any one of those doors I could have entered another hallway with even more open doors, leading on to even more. But I have closed every door and left myself trapped, with no escape.
I am crippled with this anxiety that prevents me from trying to escape. No one opens any doors to me any more as they have all since abandoned me, knowing that I always shut the doors in their faces. No one else knows I am trapped here, silently screaming for help. The people who originally opened those doors for me are too far away to hear me scream.
I'm only 21 but I look back on the last 4-5 years in particular and I regret every decision I made.

I regret every time I was too lazy to take someone's offer and follow them through that door. I think how different my life could be if I had said yes, walked through every door that was opened to me.

Now I am trapped. The doors are closed and there is no way out. Everyone else I know is on the other side of those doors and beyond, they've left me behind.
>>
There are unlocked doors everywhere around you, you just have to open them yourself.
>>
>>16914751
Several social anxiety makes sure that doesen't happen.
>>
Could always move. Find a job in another state, start all over, that's what I did anyways.
>>
>>16914754
Severe*, sorry
>>
File: ladda ned.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
ladda ned.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>>16914755
Easier said than done when I have no drivers license, no money and no education or contacts.
And I don't live in USA. I don't understand why everyone on /adv/ assumes everyone is from america.

I'm from north Sweden.
>>
>>16914759
Then fucking go to merica. You'll be the cock of the walk.
>>
>>16914754
Well just keep making excuses and come to terms with life not ever changing for you.

As hard as it may be, you are the only one who can change yourself. Take small steps first like just going out by yourself. Go to the library and find a book to read. Read said book right there at the library. Make it a routine to do this starting every Monday.
>>
>>16914741
Go back and knock on a few of those doors. They may surprise you by opening and inviting you in.
>>
File: catroomguardian.jpg (30 KB, 482x453) Image search: [Google]
catroomguardian.jpg
30 KB, 482x453
Dude ur 21, get a job , eat fresh , meditate and drink water . The end
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.