[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you know if you found "the one"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: khajit has wares.png (936 KB, 610x813) Image search: [Google]
khajit has wares.png
936 KB, 610x813
How do you know if you found "the one"? How do you define "the one" as? Have you ever thought you found such a person and had it work out/not work out in the end? Did it change your assessment of "the one"?

Some guy who lives halfway across the world" - two guys, in fact - have both come out and declared that I would be "the one". I do not know these people outside of the internet. I don't know what they are basing their decision off of.
>>
>>16914511
"The one " is someone who you are prepared to be with and make sacrifices for for the rest of your life.
You have to be ready at the same time and be on the same page regarding career, lifestyle choice, kids etc
I don't think any can know who" the one " is until it's already happening.
>>
File: desert-thirst.gif (82 KB, 503x335) Image search: [Google]
desert-thirst.gif
82 KB, 503x335
>>16914511
> I don't know what they are basing their decision off of
> internet
They're thirsty motherfuckers who can smell your green card.

Seriously, is this even a question?
>>
>>16914528
lel
>>
>>16914528
Well I don't know if permanent residency is a motivator in these sorts of things, but what I really wanted /adv/ice or opinion was that both these guys seem to be expecting a huge reaction out of me in being "the one" for them and I have no idea what reaction if any I am supposed to give.
>>
>>16914544
They're nuts. Let them down gently but firmly.
>>
>>16914583
Agree.

They can't know over the Internet.
>>
>>16914511

That "The one" stuff is all bullshit. It's starry-eyed romance with no connection to reality.

It implies that there's a single soulmate of destiny out there waiting for you, and you're going to find each other. It also means for some people that as soon as they hit a rocky spot in their relationship that oh well, must not be "the one" so I'm out.

The fact is that if you are a mature, giving person capable of resolving your differences and adapting to and meeting the needs of a husband/wife, and you have a set of criteria that's somewhat similar along with some standards of stuff like hygiene, religion, and attractiveness, you probably have hundreds, if not thousands, of possible mates you could be quite happy with in the vicinity of your life circle.

There's no one that's perfect for you, and if you go looking for one you'll never find them, and if you latch on to someone because you think they are perfect you'll be disappointed later on.
>>
>>16914528
>They're thirsty motherfuckers who can smell your green card.

100% this. And they have a little dictionary they are working from with a title something like "Sappy Romantic Terms to Wet the Panties of Dumb American or European Bitches"
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.