[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should i pursue my dream even though i'm fully aware that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1432255501244.gif (307 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1432255501244.gif
307 KB, 500x275
Should i pursue my dream even though i'm fully aware that it's very unrealistic and unlikely to happen?
>>
Probably not. You will probably fail. Better to do something you don't really want the rest of your life.

Good luck.
>>
Well what is your dream and what is the path you need to take to achieve that dream? Do you think you can compromise on the level of success or results you gather from said dream?

Say your dream is winning the lottery - I would say unless you have like, $50k to throw into buying virtually all the syndicate tickets, it is unlikely for you to have a guaranteed win at the lottery.

Say your dream is to become a member of a band - are you happy with compromising at the thought of a weekend garage band that mostly plays covers of other hits?

Say that your dream is to become a doctor or lawyer but you don't have the marks to go to med/law school. Is it reasonable or expedient for you to put your life on hold for the next 2-3 years trying to launder those marks? Or would you be happier entering into a related career like nursing?
>>
>>16914428
I want to become a world class musician but judging by how many there already are, it seems unlikely
>>
>>16914450
Well, you will have to narrow your definitions down a bit. World class musician in what genre of music and in what instrument? What do you mean by world class - do you mean something like a singer or band who does global tours or being a known composer whose music is being played by subsequent generations or do you mean something like your PhD dissertation being quoted in generations to come? Is your idea of "world class" meaning recognition within the musical circles, or popular appeal?

Do you have proficiency and years of training in the instrument of choice and/or your vocals to back it up? Do you have competition experience and know what it takes to enter certain competition circuits?

We are increasingly entering an age where you need a university degree in order to be qualified to take up volunteer work. The days of Nirvana starting up from somebody's garage band and Beatles making smash hits out of highschool groups is long gone. Generally speaking, if you are aiming to be a popularly acclaimed musician, 16 is even already too old to have done nothing about it.
>>
Will you regret it later on?
>>
>>16914409
If you try, there's a chance it won't happen.
If you don't try, it is guaranteed not to happen.
>>
no.
>>
>>16914409
Be realistic, if you don't think you stand a chance is there any point in pursuing music?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.