[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Filing for Tax
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: turbotax_tag_c_h.jpg (139 KB, 1800x1224) Image search: [Google]
turbotax_tag_c_h.jpg
139 KB, 1800x1224
Anyone use TurboTax for filing for taxes? Recommendations for filing for taxes? I've never done this before, but want to go the quickest, easiest, and cheapest route.
>>
It's an easy program to use. I mean I do my own taxes by hand, but my parents use it and they, two barely computer-literate baby boomers, have no issues.
>>
>>16913728
How is doing it by hand? I keep reading online it's time consuming and can result in screw-ups. I'd rather go that route if it's free.

Might do TurboTax this year and then do it by hand once I figure it all out.
>>
FreeTaxUSA.com is the one I've used for the past couple yearsr and I like it a lot.

Very simple, probably really similar to Turbotax but this site only charges you $13 for state and it's free for federal.

Just get all your W-2 together from 2015 and fill out the forms. If you can read and write you can do your taxes with this site.

They'll send you reminders too for next year.
>>
>>16913760
Well I'm an accountant, so I'm used to this type of stuff. But even if I wasn't, I don't think filing by hand is that hard. All the average person has to do is read and follow directions and maybe do some simple math. Of course there are more complicated things, but for the average Joe who has a 9-5 job and maybe a few stock transactions? Not hard at all.

Of course, people like instant gratification, so I can see how a program like Turbotax is preferred over hand-written taxes, where you...gasp...may have to take some time to look at the tax table.
>>
>>16913776
>>16913794
Sweet, thanks anons! Neither of those options sound bad, and I love math so I'm set.
>>
>>16913716
Just do it yourself on the government website. You literally just copy in numbers and every box on the EZ1040 comes with an explanation.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.