[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 19, not in college, and living with my parents. The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1457918475059.png (334 KB, 575x549) Image search: [Google]
1457918475059.png
334 KB, 575x549
I'm 19, not in college, and living with my parents.
The only working experience I've had was 6 weeks at a grocery store before I quit and I haven't been actively looking for a job since.
I have absolutely no desire to get a job even though I know how harmful it probably is to my future.
How can I stop being so apathetic? Should I go to college and try to find my calling or change my lifestyle somehow to make myself care more?
>>
Join the military, that's what I'm doing
>>
>>16913666
you are a NEET and you need to change this, do anything nigga
>>
>>16913857
That's probably the only thing I want to do less than get a job.
>>
>>16913859
Your post contained zero advice whatsoever.
>>
>>16913666

dont go to college unless you actually know what you want to study, otherwise you're just paying money to be in debt and will be faced with really tough choices that you dont actually wanna make after the first year or two.

all that being said, you are essentially asking how to be motivated.

there are two types of motivaiton
>internal
>external

or rather, your self, or other people. people who are motivated by themselves simply do something because they want to do it. people who are motivated by others do it cuz they have no choice. whether its your kids relying on that paycheck, or your slave master whipping you, someones demanding something.

the problem is these days is people get comfortable being lazy homebodies and therefore lack extenral motivation. if no internal motivation exists, then there is nothing to be done.

so motivate yourself.
>>
>>16913867
nigger this is your life, you are currently a 19 year old loser doing absolutely nothing all day. doing anything at all is an improvement over your current situation. I can't tell you to take a pottery class, or do stand up poetry because I don't know you or your interests, but you need to do something before you're 30 wondering what happened
>>
>>16913867

the advice you are looking for is more or less nonexistent. you need to do something. anything. that is the advice.

>BUT HOW DO I KNOW / CHOOSE / FIND MOTIVATION

you think about it. make a list. cross things off. go for what remains. then you force yourself to do it. if your answer is

>BUT ILL JUST QUIT

then delete the thread, cuz thats just how life works buddy.
>>
>>16913869
That's the exact reason I didn't go to college.
I'm smart enough, I'm just concerned that I'm going to spend a shitload of money on a major I don't actually give a shit about.
>>
>>16913666
learn a trade, any trade. just don't go to college for it, it's a waste, and they are incapable of teaching you what you really need to know anyways.

Heres how to be whatever you want to be (career wise)

1) Find someone that does it
2) Work for them

Things that don't matter during this stage:
1) the pay
2) having a gf
3) having free time

You could literally volunteer to work for someone given your living situation. Who would turn down having a free employee?
>>
I didn't want to at first, but when I thought about it it was pretty appealing.

Go to boot camp, get /fit/, build confidence and discipline, get direction, and get money.
>>
>>16913873

then dont go til you know.
>>
>>16913947

Consider Americorps or the American Conservation Corps (they're different)

You're frequently doing some comparable physical stuff that'll help you get /fit/, like building housing and managing trails public lands, but less drill Sargent, less possibility of you getting shot at.
>>
>>16913965
Never heard of that but that works too. Any military esque job will get you good money and physical improvement
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.