[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people have such great social skills?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: mel.jpg (98 KB, 1156x725) Image search: [Google]
mel.jpg
98 KB, 1156x725
How do people have such great social skills?
>>
File: stevenuniverse-catfingers.jpg (30 KB, 580x302) Image search: [Google]
stevenuniverse-catfingers.jpg
30 KB, 580x302
When you figure it out, let me know.
>>
File: Senjougahara.Hitagi.600.253404.jpg (50 KB, 411x600) Image search: [Google]
Senjougahara.Hitagi.600.253404.jpg
50 KB, 411x600
>>16912959
By socializing and fixing social mistakes. It's just like developing any other skill.
>>
>>16912959
It just comes naturally to some people I think. I also think it's directly linked to how confident you are
>>
>>16912972
For some people, it's this.

For others, it's a combo of natural personality and >>16912968

For some others still, it's entirely >>16912968

You know who you are. Determine that, and do what is necessary based on who you naturally are.
>>
They were raised properly
>>
>>16912978
For those who were raised by strict parents, confidence and self esteem are usually a problem.
>>
>>16912983
So properly automatically means strict?
>>
>>16912959
From an early age. It sort of becomes set in stone after 25+.
>>
>>16912984
I think they mean strict as in the uneccessary type of strict?
>>
>>16912976
Pretty much. I used to be extremely unconfident in myself and slowly began to like myself more and more. I like meeting new people, I can laugh at my fuckups, and just love being around people in general. It used to feel awkward to have simple conversations with people, and now I never really feel awkward or embarrased anymore. It comes with personal success, close relationships, and experience.
>>
>>16912984
No, dum dum. Properly means the opposite of strict.
>>
>>16912991
This is exactly me. I don't really know how it happened, I think I just realised life is easier if you be that way as opposed to being awkward and giving a fuck about stupid little things that in reality wouldn't even matter
>>
>>16912978
This tbqh.
>>
>>16912999
Yep, generally speaking, the core qualities that make up good social skills are:
1. Sense of humor/ability to get people to laugh
2. How you handle mistakes/embarrassment
3. Being able to quit taking yourself so seriously
4. Taking action, instead of thinking
5. Being able to "read" people
6. Taking an interest in other people instead of your own thoughts
7. Timing. Timing is everything. With experience, you tend to get an idea of what is an appropriate time to do what.
8. Having socially acceptable hobbies (watching TV, sports, exercising) besides anime and vidya (not to say that I don't enjoy those things from time to time, but still).
9. Being able to find a flow. Once you are able to become comfortable with yourself and who you are, it just begins to feel natural
10. Being able to quit taking OTHER people seriously unless your relationship really means something to both of you.
11. Knowing what people will enjoy doing certain things with you.
12. Seeking and maintaining relationships that are mutually beneficial for both of you, in both romantic relationships and froendships. A one sided relationship is not healthy.
13. Liking other people.

>>16912990
Probably. I have strict parents but I know how to deal with them and stand up for myself without damaging the relationship or being a dickhead.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.