[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting friends to commit to vacations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (187 KB, 660x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187 KB, 660x370
How do I impress upon people that it's important to book flights/hotel rooms/whatever early, before prices go up?

I've got two group trips coming up, and I can't seem to get anyone to commit to buying their plane tickets/hotel rooms, even though they've committed to the trip.

Prices always go up and up and up and I can't get anyone to actually do shit about it, then they all bitch about how expensive it is, if not outright drop out altogether.

It drives me nuts, and everyone is always like "it'll work out, stop worrying," which ends up costing us hundreds of dollars. What can I say to get people moving?
>>
>>16912863
Nothing. It's costing them money, not you. The reason they're not paying right now is because they don't have the money right now, or they're not as committed to the trip as you think they are, and they're giving themselves as much time as possible to get out of it.
>>
>>16912871

Yes, it's costing me money because I have to wait for them to book. We're splitting rooms, car rentals, scheduling flights, etc.

Most of this shit isn't "pay right now" kind of stuff anyways, they just need to get online and type in their credit card information. I've already done all of the planning for everyone and we've agreed to a strategy, but they just won't do it.

It's the same thing, every time. I just can't stand sitting here and watching my money burn away for no good reason.
>>
>>16912863
Don't approach it as a group thing. Go up to one of the people who is like-minded, and tell them
>>hey what do you think about starting to book soon? prices for X are going to skyrocket
If they say OK, then have them help you rally everyone else up. It usually takes more than one person to start getting everything together

DO NOT FRONT THEM THE MONEY. Don't put anything on your card or in your name either for the hotel. If they trash the room, you will be responsible. Trust me it happens
>>
>>16912918

I've put rooms on my card in the past, I'm not concerned about it - I've traveled with these people many many times, and I know they'd pay me if anything bad happened.

I'm not having any luck with getting the 1 or 2 other people to rally anyone. They're way more accepting of the others' stubbornness and are just letting it happen.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.