[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buy house or rent it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: ee.png (183 KB, 338x388) Image search: [Google]
ee.png
183 KB, 338x388
I have some money saved from my father who passed away.
I want to buy a house, I never had my own space and I have an abusive family.

Should I buy a house or should i rent? Renting seems like burning money.
>>
Buy a house, renting a house is just giving money away, you'll eventually spend the equivalent of a house with nothing to show for it.
>>
>>16912416
>Renting seems like burning money.
yup.

buy a house and you'll probably pay less on the mortgage than you'd pay in rent. BUT, you're gonna have maintenance costs and property taxes. so watch out for that.

also, if you don't have sufficient cash flow and this money is a one time thing, the house is a poor financial choice. rent while you use the money to make money and create stable cash flow, then buy a house.
>>
>>16912416
Depends on what your budget is and how much you want your house to cost. Houses are expensive, and unless you have inherited enough to pay for all of it, youre gonna have to borrow money to pay off your mortgage.

Both renting and paying off a mortgage cost you money monthly, imo it depends on how long you plan on staying there. If you're young and you haven't settled yet, rent. If you're more mature and you're planning on staying in your city for over a decade and you have a secure job buy a house.

That's what my parents told me but I don't have any first-hand experience. Ask around, see what other people think.
>>
I don't have an income. Can't find a job, even with a degree. But honestly things are getting worse and worse at home.

Like you guys said, it's a bad idea to buy a house without an income but I feel like I'll kill myself if I just stay here
>>
>>16912442
So if I get this correctly you live with your family or somebody else now and want to get out? My choice would be renting an appartment, nothing special just a kitchen, bedroom living room someplace where you can afford it monthly and look for a job from there.

How old are you? Do you have any past working experience? Do you know in what area of expertise you want to work?
>>
>>16912416
Rent is burning money, but so is interest, tax and home maintenance. You can do some calculations based on the amount of the loan, the value of the property, property taxes in your area, etc. Whether it's better financially to buy or rent really depends on your specific circumstances.

And like the other anon said, consider how long you're planning to stay there. If you buy a house and then find you want to sell it and move within a couple of years, you're probably going to lose money from the various fees and taxes involved in buying and selling (how much will vary significantly depending on where you live).
>>
>>16912416
Buy a house and pay your own mortgage.
When you rent, you're paying someone else's mortgage for them.
>>
In almost all cases, you should buy. Renting is just paying someone else's mortgage, but make sure that when you buy, you're going to have enough money to pay that mortgage for a while, along with taxes and maintenance. If you don't have a job, it might not be a very good idea, and you can get underwater quickly if you don't get paid enough. I don't know where you live or what housing options are available to you... But I own a house I bought at the bottom of the market, I pay less in rent than I did at the last place I lived, my two roommates pretty much pay my entire mortgage so I can use that money to save and travel, and the value of the home has gone up $80K. It's worth it.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.