[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just had an extremely traumatic breakup. I'm sad, I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 500x452) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 500x452
Just had an extremely traumatic breakup. I'm sad, I've never felt this kind of pain before, but I believe I can see this pain through.

I need to know how not to be one of those obsessives who write on here about their gf they broke up with 4 years ago and how they still love them. I'm worried because I'm normally obsessive with finding the reason for peoples behaviour and this one has me and everybody else who is involved really confused. I just don't want this to plague me.

tldr: how to cope with breakup like normal person
>>
>>16912349
helps if the relationship turned to shit and she was emotionally abusive towards you. if not I really don't know man.
>>
focus on yourself, find new hobbies/resume old ones, make plans with friends more often, cry when you have to, you can try dating again to get your mind off it (only casual) but it might be too soon for you

make sure you take care of yourself, eat regular, healthy meals, shower every day, do laundry, keep your room tidy.

sorry you feel this way now but the pain will subside
>>
>>16912349
if you still miss her 4 years from now she wins

what i've found to be true about any relationship is if you haven't seen someone for more than 2 years, you start to forget what they were even like, hard to miss someone after that much time away
>>
>>16912369
He cheated on my the entire time and is a sociopath. He is and always was emotionally abusive, and I try to focus on that fact rather than anything else, but it makes me angry and really fucks up my sense of self worth (which after 5 years in an abusive relationship is barely there anyway). That's what I'm worried about, this has scarred me very deeply. How do I try to move past this?
>>
File: IMG_20160310_223329_381.jpg (30 KB, 234x308) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160310_223329_381.jpg
30 KB, 234x308
Physical pain is a powerfull mefitative medium. Plus, it often releases endorphins and give you some kind of high. Try sticking needles in your arm or making tiny cuts on em. Nothing too deep or it's gonna leave a mark. With time and that whenever you find shits are too rough, things get better.

>that feeling when ur alive and u feel it
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.