[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My friend is grieving and I want to check on them but I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: german.jpg (142 KB, 535x760) Image search: [Google]
german.jpg
142 KB, 535x760
My friend is grieving and I want to check on them but I'm not sure what to say.

Are you ok?
Wondering how you were feeling?

I'm not sure I should say something like that because they obviously aren't ok and the second just sounds weird, please help, what's appropriate? Thank you
>>
"Hey, anything I can do?"
>>
>>16912235
>>
>>16912235
I've said that like 3 times and I dunno, should I repeat myself that much?
>>
>>16912235
Don't say this. It's what every asshole who wants people to think he or she is a good person says. If you are going to offer to do something, be specific. A person who is grieving isn't going to stop and think about the list of chores they aren't keeping up just because you make a vague offer of help.
>>
>>16912210
Most times its best to give them some room. Maybe bring them something to cheer them up a bit, like a treat or present. Nothing too big, just enough to show them you are there for them.
>>
>>16912210
>If you want to talk Im here for you.
Or anything similar. Dont pressure him or her into anything.
>>
You should ask to do something together like an outdoor activity or something.

If they want to talk about it then everything will come naturally. If you've already tried talking to them about it then don't put it all in the open anymore because that can make them feel uncomfortable like their forced to say or do something.
>>
>>16912272
Thanks man, I did get them a present but I ordered it online and I won't have it until wednesday

>>16912256
What specifically? I feel bad now because I offered them general help quite a few times
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.