[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been drinking 4-5 monsters a week for the past month
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
I've been drinking 4-5 monsters a week for the past month now and my girlfriend is getting all upset about it saying that it's gonna cause me all sorts of health problems. I disagreed, are energy drinks really "that" bad for you?
>>
Yes, if you drink it that often. You need to cut back. Drink one every 2 weeks.
>>
I drank 6 red bulls over the course of a week to handle insomnia (one per day) and I ended up in A&E.

Drinking sugary drinks that often can't be good for you anyway.
>>
>>16912197
I have a friend whom drinks about 4 to 8 monsters a day.
fucking sick, everytime I see him I warn him about that, he just doesn't care :<
>>
>>16912231
If that's true then your friend is definitely going to die. Or at least require a liver transplant.
>>
>>16912231
> whom
wherefore art thou using corky speaketh?
>>
>>16912197
a friend of mine chugged tons of monster for a while and he got kidney stones. go on and google kidney stones real quick. does that sound like something you might be interested in?
>>
I worked on a pig farm for four years and drank the same amount because I was constantly tired. Unless you live a life of hard manual labor and need energy drinks to keep you awake, cut that shit out.
Also, I'm diabetic now, so it's a safe bet to say that it's as unhealthy as your girlfriend thinks.
>>
>>16912234
I know. I tell him that everytime.
"Man it's so dangerous, just reduce at least, more than 2 per day is ALREADY dangerous."

I don't know he doesn't seem to care to be honest.
>>
>>16912197
one can of monster has 54 grams of sugar in it, which actually isn't that bad considering a 12 oz can of mountain dew has 46 grams I believe

bottom line your gf is right, you're a grown ass man and should drink coffee like everyone else. it's nothing but sugar and it doesn't even taste that good
>>
>>16912262
> one can of monster has 54 grams of sugar in it, which actually isn't that bad considering a 12 oz can of mountain dew has 46 grams I believe

You're measuring it against that? this is like Idiocracy.
>>
Enjoy kidney stones giving you a wake up call.

Never again for me.
>>
>>16912246
off topic: out of curiosity, are the stories from PETA and the like about pig farms true? eg: pigs getting stomped and whatnot
>>
>>16912197
she's full of shit and trying to control you

that's not even one a day. i bet she has more damaging addictions
>>
It's pretty bad OP, all those chemicals have to be processed by your body and it'll take its toll. Kidney stones are pretty bad, I'm trying to cut out soda to make sure I don't get them
>>
>>16912227
really? i know people who used to drink energy drinks everyday. they where really unhealthy though. dont touch them myself, i think they are disgusting.
>>
>>16912197

Energy drinks are particularly bad for your kidneys because of the large amounts of taurine in them. I was drinking at least one Red Bull every day for a while there (months on end at least), and my doctor could tell from my bloodwork. She said it could end up being a pretty big deal, and I had to stop taking ibuprofen too.

4-5 times a week seems like it's alright though, when I read this, I thought it said 4-5 times a day. As with all things, try to drink them in moderation, but your girlfriend is probably overreacting a bit.
>>
>>16912296
Because it hasn't caught up with them yet. It will hit them hard around 30.

This isn't even taking blood pressure into account.
>>
>>16912287
Not really. On factory farms the conditions are definitely much worse, and because factory farms are filled with migrant workers, you're more likely to find workers that come from cultures and backgrounds where animal abuse isn't seen as a huge deal. I worked on a small farm-to-table restaurant with five other farmhands in Maine, so not exactly a huge cesspool of pig abuse.
>>
>>16912197

I did that when I had a huge project at work. It's bad for you, quit. I understand, but in long run it will just create a dependency and you will function worse and worse without your fix.
>>
I can understand why you would drink it because it feels like a perfect mix between heaven and an orgasm, but it's really not good for you.
I don't have anythin scientific to prove it with, but maybe it's better this way. I only know from personal experience that it literally drains you out. I was drinking it for a few days, continuously, and then I got spooked (what if it's really bad for me?) so I cut it off entirely and couldn't function normally for 2 weeks, kept wanting to sleep and was incapable of concentrating on anything.
So while you might be okay right now, once you stop it'll be that much harder, depending on how long you have been drinking it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.