[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Waitering - fine dining or regular?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: waiter.jpg (27 KB, 548x365) Image search: [Google]
waiter.jpg
27 KB, 548x365
I have literally no waiting experience except from what I picked up on a couple of trial shifts. I had a trial shift at a Michelin starred restaurant where it's quite formal and they said they want to hire me full time and train me from scratch. Is this something worth getting into for the experience/training? I think I might be able to make more money waiting at a casual restaurant where tips go into your pocket directly instead of being split, based on what I've calculated. Plus it'd be about 45-50 hours a week at the Michelin restaurant so it'd be a lot of work.

What would you guys recommend?
>>
>>16911850
If you've got the aptitude and they're willing to train you, go for it. You never know where this sort of thing will lead in a year.
>>
anyone else?
>>
You can make a good living in fine dining. You will not do as well at a casual restaurant.
>>
Head Waiter in an upmarket restaurant is a very important role. You need to relay orders from the customers to the kitchen, keeping calm and gathered. It will pay very well and certainly be a career at a Michelin star restaurant. Go for it.
>>
thanks all
>>
As if I care what an odious prole does with its pathetic life. How unenviable a position to take, to be so intimate with the luxuries of one's betters yet never able to experience them oneself. Might it be more dignified to take employment where one could afford the food about which they paraded? Such an establishment would doubtlessly have gaudy neon signage and transact mostly in tacos.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.