[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some help: I am new to skateboarding and I have had my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 116516165132.jpg (99 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
116516165132.jpg
99 KB, 1920x1080
I need some help:

I am new to skateboarding and I have had my board for about 3 weeks. When I push it, it turns to the right. I am not sure how to fix this issue. I tried to fix the trucks, but it still goes to the right. Please help
>>
>>16911611

What? Does it happen when you aren't on it? Like, if you just kick it down the street?

You are probably putting your weight on one side too much because you are a noob.

That would be my first guess. As far as "fixing it" - I have no idea, I don't even remember what the underside of my skateboard looks like.
>>
>>16911611
How old are you anon? I'm 29 and want to buy myself my first board. Am I too old?
>>
>16911619
When I push it when I am not on it, it goes to the right. I tested it in a tennis court.

>16911623
I am 22 and you are never to old to skate. I am enjoying it a lot. You need to stay motivated tho as it can be frustrating.
>>
>>16911631

Whoops forgot the extra arrow
>>
Kingpin bushing, bad bearing.... There really aren't that many components to a skateboard
>>
>>16911623

You aren't too old, but you kind of have to ask yourself what's the point. If you want to do it, just do it. I take my board out every few years, but there is just not the time to practice tricks and such. It's incredibly time consuming. If you just want to roll around, do yo thing.
>>
>>16911637

...click on the post number.
>>
>>16911643
I'd also add that a wheel that is worn down on one side significantly more than the other could cause this as well. But I'd bet it's a bad bearing
>>
>>16911644
Yeah, just rolling around.. Want to get either a small one (pennyboard) or an electric one, but I've asked advice before and apparently I should learn how to ride on a regular one first..
>>
>>16911649
I did, but I missed the arrow. My bearings are new, so I am not sure if that could be the issue though. My wheels roll smooth. Could it be my trucks?
>>
>>16911676
Well it could be a kingpin bushing or the actual kingpin if it's bent or something. So yeah, it could be.
>>
>>16911676
How tight do you ride your trucks btw? Are they cranked really tight? Is the deck visibly warped?
>>
>>16911611
It's probably a bushing. You could by new ones, but there's no real point. You'll make it go straight when you are on it and pushing.
>>
>>16911700
It does not look warped and I ride with them loose. Sense it is a new board and I ride regular, could that mean my bushings are still stiff? I will need to test it out another day as it is raining
>>
>>16911719
Doubt it, make sure they are seated correctly. I'm out of ideas
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.