[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I help my bf get through his depression spell? He told
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1438649304074.jpg (83 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1438649304074.jpg
83 KB, 1080x1920
How can I help my bf get through his depression spell?
He told me that he wants to commit suicide when he turns 18 and that we should break up.
I've been trying to be patient and give him space and text him in the morning and at night just to make sure he's okay.
I haven't been able to eat or sleep well and i feel like im starting to have the same thoughts. He's been through so much and I know he's strong. I just don't know..
>>
If it's so bad that he's considering suicide, he should really seek professional help. What you can do is supporting him so he feels himself valued and appreciated. Why is he depressed?
>>
What are you doing dating a 17 year old? Are you the same age?
>>
He's stressed about a lot of things but I'm not sure what triggered it.
We're about to be the same age in a month
>>
The fact that he set a date probably means he isn't that committed to it. If he really wanted to kill himself, why would he wait ? At least that's how it was for me. I told myself i would kill myself in x amount of time if i wasn't happy by then. But here i am, not dead, and still not happy, but oh well. I think by setting a date he doesn't actually want to die, that he wants to see what can happen during that time, that hopefully he finds something worth living for. Again, just my 2 cents. If anything, i would just accredit his behaviour to teenage angst.

This could alternatively be some cheap cop out to break up with you. I obviously don't know anything about your relationship, so it's hard to say. But breaking up because he says he's going to kill himself ? Cmon...
>>
Yeah I could see that too, I've tried planning it just to see if I end up being happy in the end.
I think if I just keep showing him that I'm here for support then I'm sure he'll come back eventually
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.