[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
women find drama any fucking where... ...my head hurts reading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
women find drama any fucking where...

...my head hurts reading this.

my advice: ignore her
>>
>She says if he moves out, she won't pay anymore. So he feels a little stuck.
How is your boyfriend not turning into his sister here?

Plenty of guys handle their living expenses and pay for school on their own. It's not ideal but they make it work. You make your boyfriend come off as being trapped when in reality he chooses to be there. Do you know what the end of this road looks like? He becomes a do-nothing bitch too. He'll just keep "blaming the man for putting him down" while suckling the teat of his family's wealth.

He's going to become his sister unless he grows a pair and gets out of there. Being a burger flipper isn't as pathetic as being a bitch.
>>
>>16910996
Now I have to ask if this is usa or not because that implies OP is european. American college can be 20-30k a year for just a community college.
>>
>>16911014
>American college can be 20-30k a year for just a community college.
2-4K per semester at the one I attended. Your turn to show the one that's 5x more expensive.
>>
>>16910991
We mostly do. But arguments splurt out every once in a while.

>>16910996
We live in an area where studios are 1000+ per month to rent without utilities. Without school, my boyfriend works minimum wage. Only about 1200 a month. I work part time and school part time (only make about 600 per month). We'd be struggling hard if we lived together and still had school.

If he took out loans, he'd be racking up school debt which is shitty in the long run.

He wants to just endure it as much as he can until he finishes school.

Being around bitches doesn't make you their bitch. He never caves into her. Never agrees with what she says. But being around it is just emotionally distressful and frustrating. Boyfriend is ambitious, hard working, and overall a good charactered guy. I see it taking a toll on him though. Ideally, I want to help him manage in a way that will be beneficial to him. So that he can go to school cost-free basically, and live comfortably. Who doesn't want that life?
>>
>>16911014
Bf and I's US community college is cheapish. We've found ways around it. Boyfriend works over full time, so he only attends part time. Part time class is generally 600 dollars for units. Plus parking fee 50. Plus books, but we look on amazon or rent. So, generally that's the cost per semester. Maybe 800 bucks at most. I don't know where this 20k is coming from.
>>
>>16911045
Also, we're close to transferring maybe about 2 semesters away, and that's where the money will start severely being needed.
>>
>>16911038
>Boyfriend is ambitious, hard working, and overall a good charactered guy.
So is his sister. There are equal amounts of proof for both your claim and mine.

>Who doesn't want that life?
I know someone who does: his sister. Look at her go.

I think you're too optimistic to receive any actual advice here. That's fine because you're not the one who needs it anyway. Your boyfriend is the one who needs to be motivated to recognize his own agency and leave. I know it will be tough. I too live in a place with exorbitant costs of living. But this situation is not beneficial to him. It's not "living comfortably."

You're going to be back here (or some advice community) eventually. The question is whether you come asking for help in living a tough life as independent adults, or asking how to make your boyfriend/fiancee stop willingly being his family's whipping boy because he's addicted to the money.
>>
>>16911022
That's tuition alone costs.
I'm calculating for the whole experience
tuition, housing (If available), books, transportation
>While the average tuition and fees at a community college is $3,347 for the 2014-2015 academic year, housing cost another $7,705, books averaged $1,328 and transportation added up to $1,735.
>Grand total: $14,115
And that's just the average, in big cities like NY tuition is double and everything costs more.
>>
>>16911061
Community colleges in my area generally don't have tuition costs.
>>
>>16911067
Well lucky you, care to point yourself out on a map and tell us which one that is?
>>
Things used to be this bad with my sister.
What I did was literally stop taking to her.
For like three years I never even acknowledged her presence. Like for her birthdays I'd say nothing and the first year she got me a Christmas present I never even touched it, if anything needed to be handed to her I would never be the one to do it, if anyone asked me how many sisters I have I wouldn't mention her etc.

I know it sounds petty and awkward and it really was at first, but eventually everyone adjusted and my life improved without having to deal with her bullshit. I'd get wake up with weird feelings of regret after recurring dreams that she'd died because deep down I knew she was still my sister, my blood. So after 3 years I finally started acknowledging her again, it's 4 years since that, and we've never fought again.
>>
>>16911113
My boyfriend had done this up until he met me and introduced me to his family. Then she started treating me badly to "get back at him" or get a rise out of him again and it worked.

If we'd go out to family dinner together, she'd mock me, tell the waiters to cancel my order. Tell me I'm ugly. I never responded or just smiled at her. Because I didn't want to deal with that amount of crazy.

But it deeply upset my boyfriend and made him start arguing with her again. When she is ignored, she instigates.
>>
>>16911014
I call bullshit. Show me one community college that is even close to that price.

State universities are usually a 5th of that price even (assuming you are in state).
>>
>>16911563
For academic year 2015-2016, the average tuition costs for Colleges in New York is $ 6,380 for in-state and $ 20,117 for out-of-state. http://www.collegetuitioncompare.com/compare/tables/?state=NY
>>
>>16911636
Tompkins Cortland Community College Dryden,NY $5,666 in / $10,616 out
>>
>>16911663
5k*5 = 25k, the original cost you claimed community colleges were. You literally proved my point.

Not to mention you picked the most expensive state there is.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.