[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Self improvement thread ? Yes.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (194 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
194 KB, 750x1334
Just, how to put myself out there without having to put my 'mask' on ? Everytime i'm with other people, i always have to fake everything. I'm very insecure, very unempathetic. Just, how to be natural and be social ?
>>
Everyone has a mask they show to others OP. If you feel fake then learn how to relax a bit.
>>
>>16910632
But relaxing means that people will see you less-great than what you want them to see in you.
>>
>>16910643
Nah that's insecurity.
>>
Being myself has generally alienated me. I have two close friends whom are we're all very different. I don't have many other friends outside of those two. But when I do meet their friends if I don't like them or don't like the situation I don't put up a front which tends to not work so well for me. I'm not anti-social but I don't like to pretend to be interested in people I'm not. It's a double edge sword. We're all pretty insecure OP, that doesn't change.
>>
>>16910651
And that's incurable, unless you can really tell me how to cure it, so that i can be acceptable, i can be like normal people.
>>
>>16910659
At least you're close to human being so you're still in the 'acceptable area'. Like, you're normal. Just look at my picture that says everything, that if you have a close friendship you're a quality human being
>>
>>16910660
hahaha incurable? christ alive anon
>>
>>16910667
No please take me seriously. Just what should i do to make me think like other people ? Like normal people with empathy and confidence.
>>
>>16910673

This is going to be fucking cringe for you but "be yourself". Obviously don't just take it at that level. If you're out and you're having a beer and you're talking like you do on 4chan and sprouting racist shit then stop it because noone is going to like you. What I'm saying is compromising is okay but you don't have to do it a a huge level.
>>
>>16910679
Yeah that's what i'm afraid of. I'm afraid of accidentally talking like an autist/freak. I'm afraid of being avoided because of that. I have to really control the way i talk, sit, drink, and i have to avoid talking too much and too enthusiastic about my hobbies because that would always creep people out.
>>
>>16910693

well, you're going to fail. we all do. Everyone has those "I got so drunk that when I woke up I spent 2 hours in bed in the morning thinking over the dumb shit i said last night" moments. I've had plenty. It gets easier. It doesn't matter though. Who cares at the end of the day.
>>
>>16910693
It's okay to be eccentric anon. Trust yourself a bit.
>>
>>16910702

Also, I'd like to add that the more time you spend actually interacting with people the more the veil of misogyny and racism that 4chan projects dissolves.
>>
>>16910712
Yes but what if i'm just not interested ? It's easy for you because all the stuffs you enjoy doing are in line with 'things that improves you as a person'.
>>
>>16910702
No not everyone. Not everyone is as lucky as you. Not everyone was brought up in a proper way.
>>
>>16910721
Failing is lucky...?

Beep beep, all aboard the ruse cruise.
>>
>>16910724
Look, you sound like the kind of guy i want to be. Getting drunk, had tons of sex, are good with people, not insecure, confident. I don't need anything else. I just need to be a person that people like.
>>
>>16910731
not him but then just get drunk
you will fail 99 times first, but on the 100th time you will succeed
it gets easier every time
>>
>>16910743
The failures will set me straight to suicide before even getting close to the 100th time.
>>
>>16910743
I'm not into depending on alcohol
>>
Don't you think it's unfair that socializing is very easy to some people ?
>>
>>16910731

Bro I am not the person you think I am. I've had rough moments in my life. I was sexually abused from 12-16. It's really hard for me to forge close relationships with people, especially sexual. I don't fuck a lot of girls (in fact i've had terrible experiences with them). I just put myself out there, I'm still terribly insecure and it's not easy to do it but you feel better then not doing it.
>>
>>16910772
They say everyone has their own skills and gifts so I assume you have skills that social people don't. Yeah it's still unfair though.
>>
>>16910788
I do, but it's not something that people like, it's not something that girls find interesting, it's not something that gathers people. It's just something that benefits no one but myself.
>>
>>16910772
I've heard that this is some shit that people have the practice. Tell me, did you do alright socializing in middle school? I hear that period of a person's life is important in developing one's interpersonal interactions. I was pretty shit at it in middle school too, and now I have something close to social anxiety when communicating with others.

So I guess practice it?
>>
>>16910799
Not really, i had friends in middle school but they're betas and nerds. I can't be close friends with those kind of people again now. Like, no way. But my parents were always pretty strict and i'm not close with my dad. I'm scared of him.
>>
>>16910763
well there's a constant in all this, and it is that you can't fail forever, you will succeed at least once

>>16910765
do it without booze then, it just makes it easier for some of us, it's not necessary
>>
Plus i have a small dick so yeah it's very tough when you can't even love yourself
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.