[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I deal with the fact that I hate my job? I work in a shop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: cnres.jpg (330 KB, 610x991) Image search: [Google]
cnres.jpg
330 KB, 610x991
How do I deal with the fact that I hate my job?
I work in a shop as a supervisor. I find being a servant to the public really demeaning, as well as the fact that I have a personality disorder which means I hate talking to and interacting with other people IRL makes it particularly hard to deal with.
I'm also self employed as an illustrator and do pretty well but I don't like relying on just that so it's not like I can quit. I've been offered jobs in London but I can't move for reasons I won't get into but there doesn't seem to be any relevant work in the area I'm in currently. Pic related is my work just in case anyone was wondering.

So how can I not be miserable every day in my menial job? Is it possible to find inner peace with this?
>>
>>16910297
You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the american way.
>>
>>16910306
Trust me I've did that. I do find it easier to just work hard and get on with it to keep myself busy so that my shift goes quicker. This also has the benefit of getting me a good work reputation which means people generally like me, which is ironic given that I keep my head down and work hard to avoid talking to coworkers.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.