[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible for ugly people to not be depressed? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 1457752108768.jpg (34 KB, 552x554) Image search: [Google]
1457752108768.jpg
34 KB, 552x554
Is it possible for ugly people to not be depressed? I'm 20 and my life looks like a hard, miserable, lonely thing right now.

What do?
>>
File: 1457847494770.gif (1 MB, 400x239) Image search: [Google]
1457847494770.gif
1 MB, 400x239
>>
>>16910273

Yes, you can escape depression regardless of how attractive you feel you are. But you gave us no information about your life so we can give you no information about how to solve it. You could try things like: exercise, socialize, eat right, sleep at night, focus on the moment, find something you love more than yourself that is good and right and worth fighting for and right for it. Work on bettering yourself and avoid blaming other people, but do recognize the role others have had in making you who you are. Floss.
>>
>>16910296
I'm Canadian, white, 6'1'', middle class, have money. Completed 2 years of geological engineering but I'm taking time off this year to de-stress. I don't have much of a social life.
>>
>I'm 20 and my life looks like a hard, miserable, lonely thing
>Lives in 1st world country, has plenty access to healthy food, clean water, medication, housing, police force that isn't corrupt, functioning roads, very high prosperity
>no wars, famines, guerilla kidnappings, pirate raids, machete massacres or plagues

Stuff i will never understand
>>
File: 1457673778577.jpg (28 KB, 600x726) Image search: [Google]
1457673778577.jpg
28 KB, 600x726
>>16910322
Social isolation is a bummer...
>>
>>16910340
anon quit being such a fucking baby
>>
File: 1457491633225.jpg (562 KB, 1737x1735) Image search: [Google]
1457491633225.jpg
562 KB, 1737x1735
I know that feel
>constantly beaten up in high school
>people I don't even know coming up to me and pointing out how ugly I am/how much they hate me
>can never get along with anyone
>no one even looks me in the eye
>always get the shit end of the stick on everything

I used to think it was just because I was such a sperger, but then I realized that people with my personality generally get away with a lot more than I do, all because they're pretty.

I'm just so frustrated.

I'm a tolerable person, otherwise. I have perfect hygiene.

People just instantly hate me when they lay eyes on me because of the way I look. I don't want to go anywhere anymore.
>>
>>16910296
Not him but

>exercise
My uglyness doesn't depend of that

>socialize
Super low slef esteem, weird tastes and me not really caring about what's "in" makes me impossible to socialize with anyone. Being unable to socialize is most of my problems so you can't just say "go and socialize". I go to the university and I always end up sitting with two gaps next to me because I'm a lonely fuck.

>eat right, sleep at night
I do those and in fact they help.

I blame none but myself though, some people like me just weren't born to have any kind of relationships.
>>
>>16910273
not many people really give a shit about you being ugly if you are confident. plus, a lot of ugly people could look alright if they dressed properly, washed well and got a decent hair cut
>>
>>16911888
>not many people really give a shit about you being ugly if you are confident

*As long it's nothing serious because otherwise they'll start giving shits
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.