[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My parents (both catholic) are convinced that they are being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
My parents (both catholic) are convinced that they are being attacked by demons. They say that the closer that our family gets to God, the worse we are tempted by demons. This was after two of my brothers had a fight and then my father had a fight with my brother. The reason about the "closer to god remark was because my father recently became a minister.

My question is: How do I let them know I don't share their religious beliefs, when they are going to view my comments as a direct attack from the devil himself?

I've pretended to share their belief all my life for fear rejection. When I was 8 years old, after taking catechism and questioning the "teachers" but only receiving empty answers and reading all the contradictions in the bible, I decided that it was all bullshit. I still wondered about why the world existed (this was before the widespread of the internet) so I began to think about where everything came from, drilling down to the source of it all. Not long into the thought experiment I began to realize that it didn't make sense. No way that all the matter/energy was always there. The universe is in movement so it must have started somethere. After pondering on that idea for a while, I thought that the most logical begining was nothing. That's a perfectly rational thought "there was nothing and nothing created it". "But if that's the begining, how did this universe become what it is?" I though. At that moment I remembered something I was taught in math class: that math was used to model real world phenomena. So I applied my idea to the notion that the number 0 has an infinite number of equations that are equal to it. That's it that's why we exist. Our reality is just another side of the same coin (nothing), it all equals 0 if you sum it up. This would mean that we're part of a multiverse (an infinite number of equations with an infinite number of realities). Now, you'll notice: this is my belief and it doesn't exclude the existence of a deity.
>>
You poor poor thing. Satan is speaking through you like a ventriloquist through a marionette and you're too deep under his grasp to notice. I hope you feel bad for the pain you are bringing your family, who only want the best for you
>>
File: c1c.jpg (15 KB, 294x294) Image search: [Google]
c1c.jpg
15 KB, 294x294
>>16910165

They love to argue and fight at home but in public they are a perfectly plastic family. If they have their god in them and Satan is speaking the voice of logic through me, guess who the bad guy is then. I don't believe that a deity exists in this universe though, or a devil for that matter.
>>
I talked about this coin thing in a thread about parallel universes and I was called wrong and an idiot i'm femanon so of course I"m going to be called a moron even if I write the same thing this world sucks btw I'm christian and I believe as you do.
>>
>>16910210
Nice to know. You're definitely not a moron.

>>16910214
Agreed. The problem is that it is wasting MY time and it issue making my family dumber. And I can't find a sensible way to tell them that.
>>
>>16910153
Simple logic:

If the closer you get to god, the more the demons attack, the solution is to stay away from god.
>>
>>16910153
Anon, being a Catholic is different from being a douche obsessed with religion.
If your parents are reasonable people they'll just understand and let you be as long you are a good person, if they won't then you shouldn't even bother with them and just tell them to go fuck themselves.
>>
You need to be careful here, and I'm being serious. This is the kind of stuff that families murder each other for- to save their loved ones' souls.
>>
>>16910153
>How do I let them know I don't share their religious beliefs

Dont. just pretend.
>>
>>16910153
All numbers have an infinite number of equations equaling them, both real and imaginary
>>
>>16910469
They're not reasonable. I know they won't take me seriously after I tell them that I don't believe in their deity and I won't go to church anymore. They'll see it as the devil atacking them. They need to take responsibility for their actions and stop blaming their problems on an imaginary scapegoat, but they are not that mentally mature.

>>16910718
Yeah, yesterday when they were fighting, my father threatened my brother with killing him. Which I don't think he actually meant. But then again, he fights with unanimate objects and breaks them when he's angry with them, so idk.

>>16910735
As I said, I've been pretending since I was 8 years old. I'm 26 now and I stopped going regularily to church when I was 21. When I was in highschool, I even went as far as becoming an altar boy, because as they say "keep your friends close, your enemies even closer". I say enemies because whoever believes I must suffer eternally for not believing in their ideas is my enemy. Well anyway, I went in there to find out if the leaders really believe all their shit. I can say that up to the archbishops they are genuinely morons that fell into a mental trap. I couldn't get any deeper. I got sick of it.

>>16910800
I know. I was specifically referring to the one I think is the default state of existence (nothing, 0).
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.