[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blaming my parents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 546x1471) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 546x1471
When I remember my childhood, I sometimes resent my parents for either not pushing me hard enough or not giving me enough guidance in academics, sports, or other extracurricular activities. Now that I'm a young adult, I don't know I should blame them for neglecting me or if I only have myself to blame for not being able to play sports, play a musical instrument, or get into a good college. I do regret being so lazy and easily discouraged in middle school and high school but I didn't know any better.
>>
>blaming anyone or anything for the way you live your own life

you realize you can do these things now, right? Why aren't you just doing them? Oh that's right, you're a piece of shit who would rather make excuses.
>>
>>16910113
Some these things you miss the boat if you didn't work on them in adolescence or earlier.
>>
>>16910101

I feel bad for your parents that you're such a fag.

>muh no pushing for extracirricular
As the other anon said you can do that stuff now. What you're doing instead is being a, as we have noted before, massive faggot and because you aren't instantly the master of something when you try it out instead of suffering through failing and practicing at it you instead go "oh wow if my mom and dad had FORCED me to do this I would be a master right now! I hate you mom and dad!"
>>
>>16910101
And if your parents had pushed you to get better grades, and made you practice piano, and nagged at you to go out and make friends, you'd be bithcing about them for that now.
>>
>>16910330
Not just forcing and nagging, but mentoring. Encouragement and modeling of what good behavior and productivity looks like.
>>
>>16910101
You only have yourself to blame
>>
OP I know what you're saying about blaming them. Because I too had trouble with sports and grades and such things. Recently I started to play more sports with my friends. I didn't have to be on any kind of team. I just wanted to go play and try to be better than the next guy. Before that I had a girlfriend and she said that I never did anything wrong and basically spoiled me as to what many people expected a guy to do in their high school years. So I got lazy and didn't do much about college and growing up but I don't blame her or my parents for that now. I mean it would have been really nice to play sports or be really really smart in high school but NOW I've kicked it in gear.

I started to play basketball for the first time in college. I found out that I really liked jumping and running and dribbling in between my legs and shooting the ball and decided to be better than other players. Same goes with soccer and football. As well as academics I found that I am a pretty fast learner. And I "get things" pretty easily. So I told myself that getting an A isn't hard. Then convincing myself to thinking that class and studying is the minor idea of college where as learning about stuff and getting credits is the most important.

I believe you should just go and play with your friends. If you get good around them you'll feel better about yourself for gaining their praise. As well as to studies. Reach for that high grade. People would want to be around you more just like in high school. Girls will like you for being responsible as well.

TL;DR
Get good at the shit you wanted before to make friends think you're cool. Ride on this praise for the rest of college.
>>
>>16910101
It's not your parents fault you're a shit son.
>>
Op, extracurricular activities such as playing instruments don't have very much effect on uni applications. If anything, they distract you from focusing on academic grades. As for grades, being over pushed can be incredibly stressful. You are probably at least slightly justified in blaming your parents for not motivating you academically. However, you yourself needed to take initiative and do shit yourself.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.