[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have asperger's and severe social anxiety that makes me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1431155819390.jpg (18 KB, 336x336) Image search: [Google]
1431155819390.jpg
18 KB, 336x336
I have asperger's and severe social anxiety that makes me prone to being constantly tense and acting like a nervous retard in social situations. Am I pretty much doomed to never find love? Every date I go on ends awkwardly and I never hear from her again. Meds don't seem to help very much.
>>
OP, you'll get better. I don't know how autism affects things, but for social anxiety, you'll get better with practice. Keep trying even if you have failures. Therapy and self help books helped me a bit. It can take years, and improvement may be so slow that you can't see it yourself, but it'll happen. You don't have to throw yourself into dating if you're still uncomfortable around people. You can start small by making friends first, if that feels easier. You can start as small as saying hi to people. I observe what others say to each other and pretty much steal their conversation topics.
>>
>>16909940
Crawl before you walk. Don't leap into dating, which is stressful even for alphas. Work on loose, general social situations, like hanging out with a few friends. The more comfortable you get with that, the easier you can move into one-to-one situations, and then to dating.
>>
>>16910376
I agree with this... Try to make some normal friends before you go for a girlfriend.
>>
I don't agree
>>
Have you tried smoking cannabis as a alternative medicine? I find it severely reduces my social awkwardness big time.
>>
have a beer m8. If you go an a date have a beer (or two) first. It should calm you right down.
>>
>>16909940
I have SEVERE social anxiety also. The best thing that has worked is my nutrition and fitness. My heart doesn't beat as much. My family says I have Asperger's, but my doctor's don't. I think I do. Fitness and smiling are the two big factors I hold onto. Hang in there buddy.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.