[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Narcissism, Aspergers, ADHD?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
So, maybe I'm overthinking it, but I'm afraid I could be an aspie. I fit some of the criteria, but most concerning is my lack of regard for trying to fit in with the people I work with. I feel like I know social cues, and I can understand people's feelings and shit, but just don't care. I just want to get through the day and go home so I can be alone. I might hang out with someone once a month for vidya or drinking or something, but usually in small groups or 1 on 1.

I don't dislike people. In fact I want the best for everyone. I just really hate the ass-kissing people do and the games they play, and want no part of it. I would like a few more friends, but don't really know if I want to make the effort, and I don't really know if I know how. I've been diagnosed with adult ADHD and depression but should I go for some more extensive testing or something? :C
>>
>>16909706
>should I go for some more extensive testing or something?
depends. Usually only go the psychology route when you're utterly powerless to change any other tangible thing in your life - noises, relationships, unvoiced opinions, the things in your environments...
As for fitting in with people, we all tend to form niche interest groups these days- when you want someone to join yours, you always need to have a 'beginner's guide' session for that interest- and vice versa for if you want to join someone else's group. So it's hard when nobody wants to fully share & explain their respective "autisms". At least one person needs to either have flexible vocabulary or otherwise technology, if things are going to work out nicely, in that respect.
Anyway sorry for late reply but I'm sure you can tell 4chan always has time for u
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.