[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm having trouble even having conversations with girls,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1455667622716.png (183 KB, 304x395) Image search: [Google]
1455667622716.png
183 KB, 304x395
I'm having trouble even having conversations with girls, let alone getting a gf. Would something like the Ben Franklin effect work? Simple interactions don't seem to work. I start conversations and then they either stop responding or I end up interrogating them. In person no one ever strikes conversation up with me. What can I do to be more interesting? I'm very aloof
>>
>>16909645
Can you talk well enough with guys? If not, I'm pretty sure you're probably screwed for improving your anxiety. If the problems just girls, I've found that for me the secret was simply forcing myself into situations with cute girls in them. Once I was forced to talk to them, I very quickly became better at treating conversations with girls the same way as I would with guys.
>>
no, women are pretty immune to the ben franklin effect, because it's well known that men have ulterior motives
>>
what ben Franklin.
>>
>>16909645

People don't care if you're interesting, they care if you're interested in them. If you're so aloof you clearly don't really give a shit about the person you're talking to they aren't going to respond to that.

You should ask some of your trusted female friends what they think is going on. If you don't have any female friends you should get some so you can learn to understand and appreciate women as people so you can stop treating them like weird unknowable aliens.
>>
I feel your pain OP. Is it a certain girl you're after? Maybe I can help.
>>
>>16910265
I can, hence why a lot of guys talk to me. I just don't understand how so many guys can just casually talk to girls. I've been rejected perhaps three times.
>>16910268
I see, but Franklin did have quite the woman collection for being an old man.
>>16910318
That's a good point, I act so aloof it seems I'm very uninterested in life itself, I'll work on that.
>>16910327
No, not anymore. There used to be one but I don't see her anymore, and the most recent one rejected me. There's a girl I could maybe be better friends with though. I'm really surprised she's showing any interest at all in me.
>>
>>16910280
the one that was president of the us
>>
I've experience the same problem through out my life, and the only thing that has worked well for me is lowering my standards.

When im around girls i don't really care about, i have no problem being confident, and these (fat) girls aren't so hard to impress. They know their own value is lower than mine.

But it doesn't last, because as soon as i get them to sleep with me i start thinking about how i could build a life with them, and then my standards come back and i insult them and they leave me.
>>
>>16909645
LINDA CLARKE
>>
>>16910961
Well, that seems to be more your fault
>>
>>16911245
"having trouble even having conversations with girls" is no less your fault.
>>
>>16911288
Sure, but I'm not going after ugly people and then insulting them.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.