[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> fuck gotta lose weight > running is effective > start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: gottagofast.gif (995 KB, 549x355) Image search: [Google]
gottagofast.gif
995 KB, 549x355
> fuck gotta lose weight
> running is effective
> start running
> stop running
> thighs itchy as fuck

what the fuck?
>>
don't make me go to fit pls
i'm too chicken
>>
That's normal. If you've never ran, your legs will feel itchy when you do. After you run for a while, that will stop happening.
>>
>>16909508
Okay, I just wanted to make sure I'm not fucking crazy or anything. I've had multiple people give me weird looks when I tried to explain the sensation to them
>>
File: cover.jpg (28 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
28 KB, 900x900
>>16909477
Alright motherfucker, here we go

Used to be fat ass fuck, right?

Then start running all time, very always.

Issue when of large is chafing, skin become of dry and very itch, yes?

Were compression short under athlete short, reduce friction, otherwise talcum powder is good of use

Be well and make always, we going make are.

-Man who lose 14kg in 5 month
>>
>>16909516
Oh no, I'm 5 foot 2 and 108 lbs. My legs just get fucking itchy every time I run longer than a short sprint. But I would like to run more to lose weight
>>
>>16909515
Nah you're good. I hated that feeling. I had forgotten about it, since I've been running regularly for a couple years and thus don't get it anymore. After a couple weeks it'll go away.

Any questions about running, since you're new to it?
>>
>>16909537
Just one. How do I make running not suck dicks? I should run, because I want to lose weight, but holy fuck is it probably my least favorite type of exercising
>>
File: Ghost Ship.jpg (1 MB, 4148x2181) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Ship.jpg
1 MB, 4148x2181
>>16909537
I do, (Not OP), but I seem to really be straining certain muscles (one in the upper inner thigh, and above my left knee)

Is there a stretching routine I should be doing before hand? I usually just jog a bit and then get into it for 3-5 miles.
>>
>>16909546

Listen to music while you run. It serves as both motivation and a timer so you can gauge how long you've been running.
>>
>>16909557
I highly suggest Super Eurobeat
It's super gay, super japanese and super 90's but the tempo is perfect for running
Start here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29o9I8AJuBE
>>
>>16909570
>>16909557
Yeah I agree on music. I listen to DDR music while running and it helps. Hard not to run to the beat sometimes though.
>>
>>16909546
Short answer is that you don't. The only running that won't suck dicks is when you do less than you're able. You decide to take it easy one day and run at a slow pace. That's not so bad. Kinda fun and confidence boosting, even. But running such that you're improving your running, that has to suck. If it didn't, you wouldn't be getting better. Basically, once you can run 5mi, 1mi isn't too bad. But by then, 1mi isn't getting you anything really. To work up to that 5mi, you have to experience some suck, and just take pride in how much better you're doing. "Today I ran 3 miles; that's a whole 5k!"

>>16909555
Before running, take a minute or two to warm yourself up. Jog in place a little, do some high knees, some buttkickers, place your feet wide apart and lean all the way to one side and then to the other (if that makes sense). Whatever muscles you think are getting strained, do something to stretch those out a bit before you jog. Then, when you're done, have a good stretching routine to do before you call it quits. Stretch everything, and the parts that cause you discomfort in particular. Stretching appropriately is really important for making sure you don't hurt yourself. Seems like you'll spend a lot of time warming up, cooling down, and stretching, but that's what it takes to not mess yourself up.
>>
>>16909477
Are you running in shorts?
>>
>>16909546
I do trails to make it interesting and a good playlist or podcast. I've gotten hooked on zombie run app lately
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.