[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Idk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: see.jpg (59 KB, 600x473) Image search: [Google]
see.jpg
59 KB, 600x473
Never understood why people are so angry about abandoning friends. I mean, I feel that I don't fit in their tightly knit company anymore, so why should I pretend it to be fun?
Am I a dick after years of having self-esteem and trust issues, because of such treatment?
Nothing will change in my life or theirs, I can see it.
>>
>>16908368
Please explain a bit more clearly.
>>
Dude I spent all of middle and high school and a little afterwards with people who didn't give a shit about me.

I abandoned them all and made room for people who I actually enjoyed, though they were really really hard to find.

I've only had "real" friends for the past 3 years (I'm 23 years old). It came from wading through a bunch of shitty people and learning to avoid backstabbers, drama queens, and other selfish peeps.

Being around good friends has also helped me learn to be more trusting and generous myself.

Thats just my experience though. I only keep in contact with about 2 people from high school. The only other cool one died.
>>
>>16908374
Thanks for reply, good to read a real life opinion, and not those sugar-coated "friendship is magic" ones (no offence to bronies)
When I ask middle-aged people, they reply pretty similar, so school friendships probably suck more often than not.
Dunno, my parents shared opinions on my classmates since the very beginning, and I started to see some patterns in behaviour. It left me biased and emotionally distant, but I don't really regret it. Every teacher claimed they've never seen such children before.

Luckily, now I have some people, who want me around, and I want to talk to them too. And I found them in a totally random situation. Quite scary to think I could've missed them.

Sadly, some people don't like me, because I don't want/didn't want to be friends with X.
One of them was my love interest, who had this thing about close eternal friendships, and (supposingly) a strong fear of loneliness.
Can't really understand why such people are treated as more kind and virtuous now.
>>
>>16908374
>>16908368

I have grown to be the same way. I had a friend who I have known since I was 10, so 15 years nearly. She and I used to do everything together up until she transferred to a larger school our sophomore year. Then she became slutty and sucked a bunch of dicks while I hung around with a group of dudes who I played DND with and she thought were "weird." We tried to become close on and off again after that, going into college and whatnot, which I eventually dropped out of. She has a steady boyfriend who I honestly have better conversations with than her. Constantly up her own ass, only ever asked me to come over to housesit and take care of her dogs. I just grew tired of feeling like the "just there" friend and stopped talking to her altogether.
>>
>>16908433
>(no offence to bronies)

This is bait or some incredibly retarded person.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.