[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm sorry if I sound like a whiny bitch in the post, but,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 730_screenshots_2016-01-07_00002.jpg (348 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
730_screenshots_2016-01-07_00002.jpg
348 KB, 1920x1080
I'm sorry if I sound like a whiny bitch in the post, but, I'm feeling really bad right now. I really don't understand how to make or maintain friendships. I play a bunch of online games, such as CS and Dota 2. I have around 4,000 hours in them and I've came in contact with a lot of people I share the same interests with and get along with, a lot of the time. I've made friends with a lot of them and I don't know why but I just have periods where I feel like everyone hates me and remove a lot of friends. I try to talk to people about their interests and generally don't message when they're obviously busy or giving 1 word replies, etc. Lately I've been cutting off contacts with a lot of people and I'm not sure what's causing me to do this. I usually think that I don't really need friends or whatever but lately I haven't been talking to anyone and it's starting to fucking kill me, I really want to have friends to talk to but my personality just doesn't let me. I guess I'm posting on this to ask how to make & maintain friendships, because for me it seems impossible.
>>
>>16908307
Friendships are such a mysterious thing, anon, I cut a lot of contacts recently too.
As far as I know, some fraction of people, doesn't treat a friendship over the game/internet anywhere as a real one.
Do you also meet these people irl?
>>
>>16908353
No, I don't. I generally don't go outside irl except for working.
>>
>>16908358
Maybe you should arrange a meeting with at least one person, if possible.
It will also make clearer their attitude to you.
Dota is popular fucking everywhere, there must be people from your city to contact. However, be cautious.

What age are you, btw, maybe it's easier to build more friendships out of online gaming?
>>
>>16908383
I'm 21 and I work I am studying actuarial science in Uni. I live in a hamlet in southern Ireland with a 1 hour commute every day so meeting up is not possible. Most people in my uni classes are not concerned with friendships as I'm doing relatively hard courses.
>>
>>16908390
It all sounds pretty sad.
Aren't there any clubs in the uni, sport clubs?
It depends on the country, but in hard universities friendships and collective problem solving are often desirable. Though free time can be more priority than commuting, if studying is exhausting.

Try more skype with online friends? Or any other way to connect with them better?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.