[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im afraid of taking risks. My whole life ive been afraid. Now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 500x404) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 500x404
Im afraid of taking risks. My whole life ive been afraid. Now i realize that i need to change. I just dont know to start. Im going for a business degree but love art. Im sn atheist but go to church every sunday. I feel like this comes from efforts of becoming myself being crushed by parents as a teenager. I compare myself to others and always think about what they think and am afraid to be disliked and seen as stupid. Ive been try to change but i dont know how to start. Ive become afraid to be myself. Ples help
>>
>>16908090
Listen, taking risks are great sometimes but you have to use logic before doing them. Take for starters your business degree.
>Are you failing your classes?
>Do you hate your classes?
>Are you actually decent at art, and what medium?
>Does your medium allow you to earn money through other means than commissions? If you're decent with digital you could potentially go into graphic design.
>Is it even possible for you to switch your degree right now without too many consequences?

If you're an atheist don't go to church m8. But it sounds more like you're agnostic than atheist if you've kept going every Sunday. There's also nothing wrong with comparing yourself with other people. but unless you work for them/with them, are friends with them, or love them, their opinion doesn't really matter.
>>
>>16908090
>Im afraid of taking risks. My whole life ive been afraid.

The only way to change is to throw yourself into new situations that force you to adapt. One way to acquire a risk-taking mindset is to try doing some dangerous activities like mountain climbing, skydiving, hang gliding, visit dangerous neighborhoods, bicycling in heavy traffic, etc.
>>
>>16908090
Your problem is that you have no confidence.
Make that your aim, to gain confidence.
If youre male, boosting testosterone is a subconscious way of boosting confidence.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.